HALO EPISODE 1

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

HALO EPISODE 1

Post by CaptNoize »

Has anyone caught the 1st episode of Halo yet..? I watched it on YouTube for free uninterrupted(imagine that). I was really impressed with it's special efx..! :shock: I'm considering getting Paramount+ in May, or June. They are pulling out all the stops with this series,along with Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, and Star Trek: Star Fleet Academy,along with Discovery and Picard. Discovery I can do without. Check it out.
crosscourt

Re: HALO EPISODE 1

Post by crosscourt »

Havent seen it but Ive been playing the games on PC for years.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I wasn't aware that the first episode was avaialble to watch without the Paramount+. I probably still won't watch it since if I like it the rest aren't available, and there's no way I'll get Paramount+, since what I've seen of Picard and Discovery both look disappointing in the extreme to me. The primary draw (for me) to ST: SNW is Christina Chong...other than that I haven't been overly enthused with the preview that I've seen (and only seen 1, although multiple times).
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

What have you got to lose...? It's F-R-E-E on YouTube. Even tho they may only show the opening show, it's better than watching repeats. It's just a thought. I don't have cable TV. I ditched that boat anchor back in 2016,when the cable company decided to make me pay for all these sports channels I didn't want,or watch. I have a digital antenna that gets me 95 local channels,in HD, free,and i have Amazon Fire tv with prime. I only buy AMC+, which I can dump at any time( no contract) it's only $10 a month. So,if I decide to get Paramount+, it's not going to kill my wallet. If it sucks,I cam dump it,after a month. I get you,I hate to start watching a series,then have to pay for it. This way,it's a nice sampler. If you don't like it,you don't have to buy it.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ill definitely give it a look but I dont pay for any additional services for content. I do have cable which is dirt cheap since our condo complex pays bulk rates, but its very basic. I watch mostly free content online as I wont support individual services that are just trying to milk people for more cash.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

From what I have read the conversion of video games to movies or series has not been a great success. I have a Tomb Raider movie, which is not very good. I watched a Doom movie and it also was not very good.

I grew up in a family without TV and when I had my own family we tended to not pay much attention to it. Our TV existed mostly to display stuff from the VCR and later the DVD, and that is about all we use it for now. We got an Apple TV, and a son added us to his Netflix account. Netflix seems a wasteland. Over the years, I converted all the VHS tapes and DVD to m4v filB port and we can watch the movies that way.

I do watch a bit of YouTube, but they have started to play more advertisements than content, so I have cut way back on paying any attention. The only thing I know about halo is that it is a very high altitude parachute jump, is that the game is about?
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I liked the Doom movie. It wasn't really overly well done for being representative of the game, but it was a fun to watch movie.

Definitely Halo is not about parachute jumping. I never actually payed attention to the plot of the game though, I just played to kill things indiscriminately.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Halo actually has a decent plot that carries over into the rest of the series. Halo 2 was the worst of the series in my opinion but it would take too much time to explain the plot. When it came out it had a feel to it that hadnt be seen before in most shooters on consoles in particular.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

All this talk,just watch the episode..
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Watched about 10 mins and it looked a lot like the games Ive played. Ill get around to watching it eventually.
Site Moderator