DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

Post by crosscourt »

Have you watched Big Bang Theory? If youve watched it and understand the adult Sheldon, then young Sheldon makes more sense. You need to watch some of the show in its entirety as its actually pretty good.

About DST in the House, its already past the committees, and pre-vote judgements( they ask people if they will support it) are over 80% Its pretty much a no-brainer that was actually discussed two years ago. Living very close to Wash DC you get a lot of detailed info about whats going on and a friend of mine actually works in Congress. Even Sinema from Arizona wants it.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

I am a very early risier and personally I will miss the early morning light. I guess the light will still be there, but it will not be happening at the time I get up. I am not a big sleeper, so I am up late as well, but as far as I am concerned it can get dark right away after supper.

DST is like cutting the bottom of your blanket off and sewing it to the top in hopes of having a longer blanket.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I know it's a prequel to Big Bang Theory. I'm just not into sitcoms,whatsoever. After working on horror movies,during my career,and growing up on Sci-fi, Mysteries and Thrillers and recently, The Walking Dead... I'm just not into any sitcoms. I get enough of idiots acting stupid in real life around me,I don't need to watch it on TV.. To me,they're boring :roll:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Big Bang is one of the best shows Ive ever watched and is not your typical sitcom. Young Sheldon is an acquired taste but no I dont like it as much as Big Bang.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

So,just like I said before, I wouldn't hold my breath until they pass the DST bill. Seems it's stuck in Congress. They're doing as usual,..doing nothing. Seems this was tried for 2 years in 1972,and was nixed. Most scientific research says we should stick with EST. Some studies say,to align things to get the most out of it,we should drop a half hour from EST, and stick with that. At any rate,I don't see it changing anytime soon. :x :x :x :x :roll:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The Senate already passed it and its on the docket for the House. The House has been dealing with many issues involved with Ukraine but presently their isnt any major opposition to the DST bill. Its slated to pass without issue. Given we are already in DST theres really no rush as long as they do it in a reasonable amount of time before Fall.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Doesn't look like this is going to happen this year. These worthless politicians can't even get this done. I'm so disgusted with these clowns,they all need fired :x :x :x :twisted:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Biggest reason is mid-terms and quite a few high profile bills that got in the way.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Nevertheless, they need to get off their asses and do some work. You and I couldn't take a vacation, or time off, if our job wasn't done. Can you say " Term Limits"..? You need to see this commercial that's running here about Dr. Oz, torturing these beagle puppies in his experiments for expired cardiac drugs. I looked it up on fact check. His was doing this at Columbia University,and got the whistle blown on him. He needs a " Negan "beatdown. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :x :x
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Right now there are bigger fish to fry with the election, Covid, Ukraine, energy issues and the economy.
Site Moderator