Moving on...

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: Moving on...

Post by crosscourt »

Dodge was amazing and by far the most popular brand when I was in school. My friend had a Dodge Coronet with the 383 police interceptor engine, really nice car.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Somewhere along the line Dodge really lost the plot. They're now the most boring, understated cars on the road. They did have that little 20 year jolt of adrenaline (Viper), but now that's gone, the Demon is gone, and the Hellcat is nowhere near as impressive in person as it is on paper.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The modern version of the Charger is horrible as well.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

The 426 Dodge Hemi was all the rage when I was young. Then, Ford came out with its version of the Hemi, the Boxer engine,which was banned by Nascar. My cousin who's been a Ford Dealership for 75 years,had all the Ford "muscle cars. He has a private collection of 12 Mustang Cobras,from 1969 till now. He has a Boxer engine sitting somewhere,and one of the last Shelby Cobras built,and signed by Carol Shelby.... Sure is nice to be a "trust fund" child. :x :roll:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Hemi was the rage but gas prices and availability back then made it a tough go. Thats why the Dodge with the 318/ 2 barrel was such a nice sweetspot.
I owned a Mach one Mustang for a short time with a 351 but I found Fords problematic compared to my Dodge's.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

My best friend owned a 1966 Plymouth Belvedere, with a 318 and a 4 barrel Carter carb,with a tarantula intake on it. I helped him work on it,a whole summer before his 16th birthday,so he'd have something to cruise around in. We did all the body work,( it turned out great, for a couple of high school punks) working on it. We got his next door neighbor who owned a body shop to spray paint it metalflake Emerald Green..! Chrome Cragar mags,raised white letter Goodyear tires,duel exhausts with Cherry Bomb mufflers,Wow..!! 😁 That thing was street lethal..!!!😁💀💀😆
I asked my cousin what he did with that Boxer engine,about a year and a half ago,he said it was never un-crated, and it was sitting somewhere on one of his many properties he owns. Do you know how much that motor is worth, in mint condition..???! It's sad to have so much money you don't even care about things you own.. :x :x :evil: :roll: :roll: