crosscourt

Re: Moving on...

Post by crosscourt »

Maybe youll get a nice workspace.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

What made you want to leave your present job?
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Nothing, actually. A recruiter reached out to me, and the job didn't sound bad, so figured I'd take a look at it. Just assumed it would be like the last 3 that I looked at and it wouldn't be worth actually going for, but then when they told me what the hiring offer was, I was suddenly interested.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Do you stay in touch with a recruiter or did he have you on file already and decided to call?
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

There are some that occasionally call, but with the tech sector going through overturn like it is right now, I've been getting reached out to for various positions almsot every day. I don't even deign to answer anymore unless it's a local position (even if remote is acceptable and I don't have to relocate, I don't want to work 1/2 a country away) and says upfront that it's either hybrid or work from home (not willing to do 100% office anymore).
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Thats the only thing holding me here in my job, as I dont want to commute any more. Walking out my door to work I like but the emergency hours I really hate.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Yeah, I really wanted a hybrid job, 3 office/2 WFH. But I'll take 95% WFH with what they're offering.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The community Im in has some major infrastructure issues. They need someone with experience, so If I leave noone could get up to speed quick enough, given the issues.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

I live in a small town which does have its drawbacks, but a nice feature was I was always able to walk to work, which is very nice. One part time job was even close enough that I was able to walk home for lunch.

Nice of you to think about what happens if you leave. Personally I felt that figuring out what the company requires if I am not around is just not my problem.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive lived here, since 1975. Originally it was an apartment rental complex but converted to condos in 1986. We bought in and have lived in our condo ever since. I started working here in 2009 and have been here for close to 13 years. My last manager was better informed in regards to infrastructure, but my present manager is clueless. It certainly gives me job security but Im handling about 30% more issues because the manager simply cant. Not sure I can run at this pace in the years to come but Ill see how it goes. Community manager is clueless and the Regional is disassociated and cant understand the situation because he doesnt take the time to talk to me and look around. If I leave, the pain for him will be extreme as there are no alternatives for a live in supervisor. They will have to wait for fixes that originally were handled very quickly. Ultimately I dont care what happens because at some point you have to move on and live your own life. Im hoping not to live here long term but thats up in the air.
Site Moderator