SMART PHONE SUGGESTIONS

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

SMART PHONE SUGGESTIONS

Post by CaptNoize »

I'm due for a new phone. Up to this point,I've been using a flip phone,since I damaged my phone in the past,to the point of not functioning. So,I need some suggestions on what to get,smart phone wise. I use Verizon wireless. Any input would be appreciated.Thanks upfront.
crosscourt

Re: SMART PHONE SUGGESTIONS

Post by crosscourt »

How much do you want to spend? My wife uses a Google Pixel 5a and loves it. I use a Kyocera Duramax flip phone which is military grade as I work in infrastructure maintenance and smartphones dont last long. Verizon has both these phones.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I'm using a Kyocera Flip Phone(don't know if it's a Duramax,I think it is) but it's 3G,which you know,is going away. Yes CC,smartphones don't last long,and are expensive,.is there a flip phone that's 5G...?
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I don't know about 5G flip phones, but there's DEFINITELY 4G flip phones, as I've purchased them for work before (on-call phones for various teams, they were concerned about the durability of smart phones so we did 4G flip phones).
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

There are no 5G flip phones but the current Kyocera Duramax XV extreme is 4G LTE and plenty fast for personal use. Verizon has them as mine is from Verizon. Ive destroyed quite a few smartphones and honestly the flip phone features are pretty good, considering I dont care to text its not an issue anyway.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I'll have to talk to my Verizon rep to see what they offer. I'm due for an upgrade,so I 'll have to do my research.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Given your situation, using a smartphone might suit you better.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

These assclowns at Verizon wireless sent me an offer to upgrade to an Orbic Journey V flip phone,or a Samsung Galaxy AO3s smartphone. Both of which have terrible reviews on Verizon's own website...! REALLY..??? It seems as tho they're trying to push me into getting a smartphone. That's fine,I'm not going to get worried about it anymore. I just think that they would try to treat a customer of nearly 30 years better..!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The Kyocera DuraXV Extreme is the highest rated and most durable flip phone on the market. Its Android based but the two you mention are just not worth getting.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I took your advice,CC. I bought the Kyocera DuraXV Extreme from an Ebay seller. It came unlocked/without contract and a battery and charger,(an open box deal,new tho) for about $75 to $90 less,than what those thieves at Verizon Wireless wanted. I like the fact that they're the same make of phone,so I can use the Bluetooth option on both,pair them up and transfer my contacts and pics. I also have a microSD card in my phone now,so, I can copy everything over to that. This new phone will do everything I need it to do. I can't EVER see spending the outrageous sums they want for smartphones..!! For me,it would be senseless to risk that amount of cash on something that will get damaged. :roll: :roll: