SMART PHONE SUGGESTIONS

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: SMART PHONE SUGGESTIONS

Post by crosscourt »

Glad that worked out as I love this phone. The property paid for mine as it was $239 but it use to cost around $100. Id buy one of these online for myself if I decide to retire.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

The only question is, when is 4G going away..??? It's always a scam with utility companies to "upgrade" to the next best thing,which always costs the consumer extra money. $200 or $300 doesn't seem like alot of money,but to me it is. And the people who tell you to " get over it" tell them to give you the money. :x :x :roll:
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Given that 5G is more an extension of 4G than a completely new technology, 4G won't be able to go away anytime soon. 4G was a ground up new technology that didn't rely upon 3G technologies at all, which is why the carriers have been able to shut down the 2G & 3G portions of their service now that they're deplying 5G w/ 4G fallback.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

5G also had some issues, call it growing pains so having 4G around helps.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Still having issues. Wideband 5G is all well and all, but only like 10% faster than 4G (again, it's just an enhancement of 4G technologies), but mm-wave 5G (the one that offers Gb+ bandwidth) is still only available to something like 5% of the US because of how difficult it is to get good coverage with it.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Oh yes, definitely still having issues. People got on me for having 4G but I havent had any issues and it performs very well.
Site Moderator