Gamed a lot this weekend

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Gamed a lot this weekend

Post by crosscourt »

Gotta sit really close to the screen because of my cataracts but played Mechwarrior online for 4 hours last night and the new DLC of Mechwarrior 5 today.
The new content is very good with improved graphics, more missions, mechs and tactics. The new ssd really helped with load times, but my Ryzen system which is two years old, is still running great and performance is good with my games.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Re: Gamed a lot this weekend

Post by tlmiller »

I actually gamed a lot this weekend. Mostly Motorsport Manager (2 year defending constructors champion in International GT championship!!), and the Star Wars Ascendency mod for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. MM works perfectly in Steam linux with Proton. SoaSE works great as well, but oddly when you install ANY mod, SoaSE then starts crashing after about 20-25 minutes of play in Proton, although still works just fine in Windows. Used to work perfectly with Mods in Proton, so it's something with how Steam/Proton has been updated. Oh well, nothing major, I still have a Windows machine to play on.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Thats why I stick with Windows for gaming as its a smoother experience, generally good performance and no restrictions to what I can play.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

With modern games, Proton's actually really good. But yeah, with older games, they don't put much effort into making them work. But if someone plays mostly the newest, most popular releases, almost all of them work as well in STeam Linux as they do on Windows, and more are working all the time.