THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
wove

Re: THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS

Post by wove »

I think torture is a sort of harsh word, it is more the price you pay for living a nice long life and growing old. I am amazed at the number of people I know in my age bracket and the number of people I have known who are now passed that did absolutely no planning for their end game. A living will at minimum seems essential and it is not hard to set one up. There are many stock fill in the blank, check the boxes forms online, that can be filled out, witnessed, signed and filed. Doing so will save loved ones lots of teeth gnashing and hand wringing, when the time comes that decisions need to be made.

Estate planning really should be in place over a persons entire adult life, and yet it seems to never get fully done. If you want the modest things you have acquired in life to go to lawyer, banker and the state, doing nothing works very well. If you it to stay with family or friends, it needs to be planned for. Social Security at least use to have a very nice estate planning workbook. Fill it all out, take it to an attorney have them craft a document from it and you are good to go.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

You're preaching to the choir with me,wove. I had all my "T's" and "i's" crossed,..a long time ago. Went thru this with my parents,but they were real proactive,knowing how the inheritance tax rip off here in Pa. is. They try and will, get blood out of a rock,if they can. And it is "torture" for me, not knowing if a poor dog is going to have a home,and if my cousin will ever get coherent again. I try to have compassion for what little is left of my family.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

So,as of Friday,my cousin went to a rehabilitation center i.e. nursing home. His prognosis is not known,he has mobility issues,as well as swallowing problems. It's a wait and see kinda situation. So,my decision to get his dog out of there,was correct. But my failures,nor my successes, drive me forward,in this situation. I'll continue to do what I think is correct,and moral. I can't go see him yet,since the covid is spiking here. So,whatever comes, I just have to go with the flow. Happy New Year.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Just wanted to update,( as if anyone cares) my cousin died Easter weekend. He spent a few months in the nursing home,but due to a shortage of staff,he developed a fatal issue. He was 75. If he would 've had a Life Alert button,he might still be here. I tried to tell him,but he just wouldn't listen. :( :( :roll:
wove

Post by wove »

Sorry to hear about your cousin. I of course did not know him, but I think it is in our nature to feel a little saddened to hear that someone has passed and feel sympathy for the family they left behind.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Thanks Wove, I appreciate the thoughts.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Sorry for your loss.
Site Moderator