Road trip oh yeah:)

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
wove

Road trip oh yeah:)

Post by wove »

Leave tomorrow morning, back on Sunday and damn will it ever be nice to have a change of scenery. Of course in the upper midwest, it is mostly changing one bland, flat, snow covered area for another. If it is sunny the white snow will burn your eyes right out of your head. If it goes according to plan I will arrive back home fat and sated with a wad of cash. What is not too like.
crosscourt

Re: Road trip oh yeah:)

Post by crosscourt »

More organ work? Wish I could get a change of scenery as Ive been locked into my property for quite awhile given the demands of older infrastructure.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Can't complain here. Temp today on Thursday is going to be 64,maybe higher..! No snow in sight..! 😁 Which suits me just fine..! Alot here are bitching they want a white Christmas. Ba Humbug..! Then the heating bills are sky high..! I'm happy not having to drive on snow/ice covered roads. It will come soon enough. January and February are usually very bleak months here in Zombieland. And March mostly sucks here too.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Same here as I love the 60s we are getting right now. Dont want snow as I have to clear 17 buildings and its too big a job.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

Well we got back early this morning or late last night depending on how you track days. It was a good trip and as is common on these trip we were driven off the road with sleet, freezing rain, falling temperatures and 40mph winds. The change of scenery was nice. It is not exactly true that I have been stuck in town forever, but it feels like I have.

Covid has kept things shut down, so the organs have not been used as often as normal. There were few mechanical problems, and the tuning itself was pretty good, so we moved through the work pretty quickly. Tuned/serviced 5 organs scattered across 600 miles in three (long) days. It was good to get out, but like most trips it is also nice to get back and climb into your own bed.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive been trapped on the property since the pandemic began. We get food delivered and laundry done externally. Even with the booster I have to be careful as Im the only person who has detailed infrastructure knowledge of the property and my wife has diabetes. So its been difficult handling emergencies ans staying safe. Id love to take an extended road trip such as youve done but right now Im still stuck in the Gulag.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I actually just scheduled my booster shot today. Going to be getting it on the 27th. I haven't done much traveling since Covid, but then, I don't actually like travel. I did go to Monterey, CA, but that was an entirely outdoor venue (Laguna Seca) with PLENTY of social distancing. But I have been getting out of the house. I've been back in the office 2-3 days a week, I've been playing D&D in person again, and I've went to a few restaurants alone (wearing mask when not at table) just to not eat at my house a few times. Overall, it's kinda like "normal" for me. I've never been an OVERLY big fan of getting out and about, as I just don't like people.
Kinda wish that Wove could service the organ at the organ stop pizza near me just to get to meet in person (REALLY great place to take people from out of town for dinner). Entire restaurant was built around an organ, although the pizza there is meh, at best. I've taken all my family when they've come to visit, and also the ex's family we took. It's a REALLY cool place if you've never really seen a "real" organ, and it happens to be just a bit over a mile from where I live.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Glad youre getting your booster as Omicron will lay waste to those who only have two shots. Im not a great travel person but I do like to get out. Im not a people person but Ive gotten better because of the nature of my job. It hasnt felt normal for over two years and its getting really old. I need something to change on more than one front. The stress has affected me mentally and physically, with the first year with no shots, just one big fear session at work everyday. The change of managers, my relationship with my regional and now Omicron has really made life just a huge anxious mess.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

CC and TL, I feel the same way. Outside of work,I'm a recluse,however when I look back at my life,and the touring I did in the 80's and early 90's,( I've been in every major city in the USA)it's like a complete 180 degrees for me. I went from being around thousands of people,to barely seeing anybody different in a year. My depression has been really extreme,along with my anger,over this whole train wreck. It's a wonder I haven't got into fist fights since this has happened, I think people sense my anger,and just want to avoid me. I also avoid trouble,at all costs, but, I never leave home unarmed. For me,one day just blurs into the next. There's alot of Covid problems here. Lots of hospitalizations and deaths. I'm STILL suffering from edema in my right foot. I'm getting better,slowly, so I hope this week I get over the effects of the booster shot. :x :roll: :evil:
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I think traveling is what makes one wanna be a hermit. I traveled a fair amount to Mexico when I was with my Ex (since all her family was in Mexico), I traveled a bit around mostly the SW US when I was with Verizon here. Now that I don't HAVE to travel, I find myself utterly detesting my upcoming trip to NY in July (nephews wedding). Still thinking of trying to rent a Ferrari for the weekend though, give me SOMETHING to look forward to...