Booster Shot

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Booster Shot

Post by CaptNoize »

So, I got the Moderna booster shot on Saturday. Unlike the first two I got over 6 months ago, this one has knocked me out..! I got it Saturday morning and by evening,I felt as if someone had beat me with a ball bat..! Yesterday, I never knew I had so many aches and pains..! I took 6 Tylenol on Saturday,which was useless. I took 1 Aleve yesterday,and it seemed to have helped. As of today, I feel a little better,but didn't sleep much last night.
I can't rest, since I'm a one man show with my business,so I'm pushing on. I'm hoping no one else suffers this issue. It's not fun..๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
tlmiller

Re: Booster Shot

Post by tlmiller »

Sounds like exactly what I suffered when I got the 2nd Moderna shot. If I have to get a booster (as of yet they're still not recommending it in my age range unless you have underlying conditions), I'm definitely hoping to get Pfizer or J&J booster, as I don't want to go through that with the Moderna again.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I was just the opposite. The first two Pfizer shots knocked me for a loop but the booster didnt have as many issues.

In regards to boosters theyve already given the ok for adults to get boosters so get one now if your area has them available. CDC actually is recommending that JJ shot getters should actually get a Pfizer or Moderna booster for better protection. Side effects are about the same with Pfizer vs Moderna so it wont change the situation.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I called my doctor yesterday,since I was feeling really lousy. She said all the symptoms I described were atypical of getting the booster shot. She said I should feel 50% to 70% better today. Wrong... A little bit better,but not much. At least I I'm not getting worse. Still fatiqued,and my hip/leg is still bothering me. I read on the internet,that osteoarthritis can flare up due to these shots. She said I could take Ibuprofen,but I said I read that you shouldn't take it if you have covid or taking the Covid vaccine. She said that was pretty much debunked...๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ฌ So here I am Tuesday night,still feeling like ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ˜พ
Pissed...๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค I'm so fatiqued I can't even work in my shop.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

So far there is no evidence that Covid shots will flare osteoarthritis. Ibuprofen really helps as I used it when I had my shots. The first two shots destroyed me for over a week the first time and 4 days the second time. Booster had almost no affect, fatigue and a very sore arm. I also had my flu shot which added a bit to that. Fatigue with the first two shots lasted a long time but the fact that I had reactions to the shots shows my immune system is in pretty good shape for being 68. Sleep as much as you can, rest, drink fluids and eat really smart and it should get better.
Site Moderator
bin

Post by bin »

We both had poor reactions to the AZ jabs back in Feb and May. Jabday +2 to around +6 no energy, headaches etc.
Booster Pfizer a week ago last Saturday, Sore arms and just feeling generally rough jabady +2 - jabday +8 - odd symptoms, headache, joint ache, tiredness, tender digestion, but it wears off. Likewise w had both had flu jabs a couple of weeks beforehand. Still, it's got to be a whole lot better than the options. Right now our county has one of the highest infection rates in the UK - but it's no surprise given how careless people have become. Also it is mostly being driven by under 18s through school.
wove

Post by wove »

Minnesota is getting hit pretty hard here in the US. Schools are a driving force, and everyone has gotten pretty sloppy. I was out shopping yesterday with mask on and saw very few other masks and social distancing is back to pre-covid.

I have had three Pfizer shots, the first was water off a duck's back, the last two left me feeling very blah and run down for several days. A couple days after the last covid shot I got the flu shot. That did not make me feel bad, but injection site looked like they had injected me with a golf ball. It was very tender for several days before returning to normal. But I would agree it is better than the alternative.

We are going ahead with a Thanksgiving dinner with family. Everyone but the grandkids have had shots, and we are looking forward to a nice time. It has been a while since the whole gang has been over for an afternoon of fine food and conversation.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

It's 5 days now,since I got my booster shot. I'm starting to feel better,but slowly. I was somewhat short of breath,yesterday afternoon,which was really disturbing.๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜จ It seemed to dissipate last night,and the pain in my hip/ leg has diminished alot. I'm not 100% yet,but a few more days,I should be back to normal. As far as Thanksgiving goes,I spend it alone,since all my family members are deceased,and friends moved away.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

So,it's been over 3 weeks since that booster shot. I had to see my Dr. last week,since I had my right foot swell with edema,and my right ankle,which has never happened before. The doctor checked me for a blood clot,which was negative,no sign of heart or lung problems,...so he finally admitted to me,after much brow beating,that the Moderna booster has been triggering sciatica and a flare up of osteoarthritis in " some" patients. He put me on a laysic,(water pill) ferosmide,20 mil. a day,till the swelling goes away. I've suffered greatly in the last 3 weeks with leg pain,at my new job. My statement was I've never had any of these issues prior to having this booster,and the next time ANYONE mentions a booster shot to me,they're gonna get a # 10.5 booster(foot),square in their Ass..!!!๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ 
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Being in the cold and on your feet for so long in your last job certainly didnt help it either. Not taking the booster let alone the original vaccine shots would have put you at very high risk and possible death given your overall health condition. Ive had many side effects from the shots but at my age Covid could kill me really easily given I have asthma. Thats the problem with all medical help, its a compromise and treatments can work really well but still cause other issues. With Omicron running rampant recently Omicron boosters will be here by March next year.
Site Moderator