A New Job

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: A New Job

Post by crosscourt »

They are so screwed at this point that they can certainly fire me but really cant replace me. My money situation is good but its not great so its always one of those situations where you have to weigh things. Be free with next to no cash or stay and be tortured but make decent money. What their going to do when I get Cataract surgery is going to be interesting.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I'm in the same situation. And, this gas situation is causing alot of problems. I'm only 5 miles from my work. They tried to give me eye/dental care,and a life insurance policy,last week, which would come out of my pay. I refused,since I just got new glasses,had my teeth cleaned 3 months ago, and already have a large life insurance policy. Why would I spend more money on things that I don't need..?? I have had Aflec, that I pay myself,if I'm injured at home or at work. Like you, I'm the only one at work doing what I do. I'm leaving the minute I find something that I can work from home,of equal value. And I won't tell them until my last day,when I punch out. When I quit,they're so totally screwed.😬😠
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I havent decided what Ill do when I leave. Theres no point to giving a lengthy notice as there arent any replacements and I couldnt train them in such a short period of time. If they do something stupid Ill leave immediately after removing all my tools/stuff. If they fire me same, but if things are smooth 2 weeks at most with no holdover regardless of the situation.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Coming home yesterday,I had a moment of not know where I was. After I got home, I was talking with a neighbor on the phone. He said that he couldn't understand me, my words were garbled. I thought it was my phone,so I hung up. I was sitting in my chair at 4:30pm, when I looked at the clock again, it was 7pm. I think I may have had a mini stroke, from all the stress and anger from work. All my friends are telling me to quit,before I end up in hospital,or worse. If I knew I could find something to work from home,I'd jump. I took this coming Tuesday off to decompress. Hopefully,I can. :roll:
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

That DEFINITELY does sound like a mini stroke. They're nothing to shrug off, they can cause MAJOR issues...
wove

Post by wove »

Strokes of any kind are not something to trifle with. As @tlmiller notes definitely do not just shrug it off. Damage from any type of stroke is permeant and accumulative, so do what it takes to avoid having more. Wishing you well.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Go get evaluated evaluated immediately and follow their instructions. I will say to you that Ive had some similar symptoms that were related to heat stress about a month ago and everything checked out fine. I was dehydrated and didnt realize it and had similar issues.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

So, I went to the Dr. to see what was up. Turns out, I was dehydrated. Since this poor excuse for a warehouse I work in doesn't have A/C..! It gets more than 95 degrees in there,with 70% humidity..!😠 Cheap asses won't install A\C. Only in the office complex right next door. I ran into a next door neighbor today at the gas station. He asked me where I was working,and I told him where,and he said that he had worked there,right before I got hired,doing the same job I do..! He also informed me, that my floor manager and Dept. Supervisor, are both, sneaks and liars. They are NOT to be trusted,at any cost. I Thanked him,but I told him, I had already figured that out. I told him I almost got into a fist fight, with the floor manager,for lying to me, 2 months after I started there. That's what left me disgruntled with this place ever since then. My favorite saying at work is, "My Days Are Numbered Here"... and I mean it. I'm very vocal about it,and I don't care. I've made the comment several times, " If you Hate me So much, Why don't you just fire me "...? I 've treated everyone there,with kindness and respect,and all I got in return, was insults,anger and disrespect. Most would consider this a hostile work environment. And you can't argue facts... There's been 4 guys quit, since I started there. All because of 1 person. When I go back, and read my previous posts from this topic, it's sad it's got to this stage. I would leave,but I need the damn health care. But trust me,when something else comes along, better, I'm gone.✋✋👉🚗
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

THats how I got caught up in the management company here on the property. The President of the board was thinking of me and my heathcare issues and she decided to have me move over and become an employee of the management company. It was a godsend financially but over time became very toxic.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Going back and reading my past posts, I now realize how 💩💩👎👎that place is/was for me. I took a fan in there, since it was stinking hot and humid, but, it doesn't do much good, just blowing hot air around. I'm glad I tapped out,and left yesterday. We get 1shot at this life, and spending 1 day miserable,is not worth it. I'm finding this out as I get older. Also, I 've learned that you can't trust most people, the only one you can trust is yourself. :x