A New Job

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

A New Job

Post by CaptNoize »

I start my new job Monday at 7pm. It's 6 miles from my home,one way. 1 stop light. It's more money,less hours. I won't be dealing with the general public,and irate assclowns. Hopefully,the people I 'll be working with are cool. This is a physically,a more active job than what I had,so it may help me get back in shape. I'm pushing 62,so I'm not kidding myself,but it's worth a shot. At least I'm willing to try it. :roll:
crosscourt

Re: A New Job

Post by crosscourt »

So youre working a night shift and how long is your shift?
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

CaptNoize wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:41 pm I start my new job Monday at 7pm. It's 6 miles from my home,one way. 1 stop light. It's more money,less hours. I won't be dealing with the general public,and irate assclowns. Hopefully,the people I 'll be working with are cool. This is a physically,a more active job than what I had,so it may help me get back in shape. I'm pushing 62,so I'm not kidding myself,but it's worth a shot. At least I'm willing to try it. :roll:
Fewer hours, more money, and the possibility of it helping get you in better shape? Sounds like you're going full Cybermen...UPGRADE.
wove

Post by wove »

Let me add my congratulations. It is really hard to find a decent job after one passes 60, so that is impressive. Have fun and enjoy.

PS: I never did have a job that did not include at least one "irate assclown" :)
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Working with an irate assclown now whos my Regional boss. Its really tough to get a decent job after 60, even though things right now favor older reliable workers. Thats why Im trying to hang on to my job unless it gets more toxic, then I retire.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

No,my hours are all daylight, 7am to 2:30 pm. I messed up the first time. It's working in a cold storage department,with perishable foods. I just hope I don't blow my back out. If I pace myself,I should be able to ease into the work regiment well. I couldn't keep working at my last job. My blood pressure was way up,and it was just a matter of time till I did something, where I would regret it. No one should ever work in a situation like that. This is what happens when you work for relatives. A friend of mine,said to me, " Your parents would be turning over in their graves,if they knew how you were treated ". I did the best I could, and I did leave the place,way better than I found it.😕😒😇
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

My first day turned out amazing..! What a difference..! Working for a real global company vs. a small Ma & Pa has-beens is unreal..! They first thing this company( who I won't name,due to privacy reasons) was to tell the 4 of us new hires,they were going to give us a $2 an hour raise,just for being "new hires" ..😍😋 ! They then presented me with a pair of brand new Wolverine work boots,for working in their cold storage sector. The health care is provided by cigna. Full coverage with dental/ eyecare is $100 a month..!!! I was paying $300 a month for Highmark $1500 deductible ripoffs,before. The work won't be as hard as I thought,tho it will take me a month or more to learn. For me,this is a Win/win situation. AND...I won't have to put up with disgruntled assclowns..!😝
BTW.. My luck CAN'T be this good.... There's gotta be a piece of Sky Lab circling the Earth,waiting to crash into my forehead!!! 😵😱😳
wove

Post by wove »

Congratulations. Nice to hear that everything is looking up for you. Make sure you keep and eye out for some piece of Sky Lab :)
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I'm wearing a bulls eye for sure... :lol:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Glad your job is working out. Working in ma and pa businesses or for your community can really suck. Im probably right behind you the way things are going.
Site Moderator