A New Job

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: A New Job

Post by CaptNoize »

Good luck with that..! I can't even get them to get me a extra long Philips head screw driver..! Let alone a $6k cooling fan. Another machinist is leaving today..! Found a better job,in an A/C shop... I'm really going to put out a full effort this weekend submitting applications. I'll stick with it till I can get another job. This totally sucks. I HATE even getting up,and going to this job. Something I said I 'd never do.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Manufacturing sites fall under both state and Federal workplace laws so any report of an issue becomes a lot more expensive then some cooler fans.
If any employee has a helath issue related to that it will get really expensive, not to mention the bad press that will ensue.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I said to the guy who hired me today... If all of you hate me so much,which you do,no one would treat an employee like you're treating me, why don't you just fire me..??? He said I was overreacting,and we'll talk about it next week. He said I shouldn't take it so personal,..??? Really..??? How the hell should I take it..??? I'm trying to make the company money, and I'm getting chastised for it. Not once have I got a " job well done" all I ever got,along with all my other co workers,nothing but complaining. This is why,since I've started,... 4 people have quit.. Within a period of 6 months..! Numbers don't lie..! I'll stay until I find something better. I'll be putting out applications all day tomorrow.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Hope things work out.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Thanks,I'm doing what I can to be proactive :roll: :twisted:
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

So,since I 've been working at my job,I have been on here telling about the work climate. I produced products which have netted my company $500,000, in just the last 2 months. In that time, I have been disrespected,dismissed and degraded. So, I 've been making comments about my disdain,about the work situations. Yesterday, I again made the comment,to the guy who hired me, " If you hate me so much,Why don't you just fire me"..?? He left,and returned a half hour later,and wanted to talk to me. I thought Good..! I'm going to get fired..!!😁since at this point, I'm sick of the💩💩. So,I was wrong,and then angered even more,when he told me, that the new management was really happy with me,and they were giving me a raise. 1 whole dollar and hour..!!!! Are you F**king kidding me..!!!😠😠😠😠😠😠💀💀💀💀 I told him to stick the raise,that won't even buy a tank of gas,and by the time it hits my account,all it's doing is giving the government more tax money. I then said "That's just another slap in the face,don't insult me". I know my value with this company,and I will be seeking other employment. He was like a deer,caught in the headlights. He didn't understand my indignation. REALLY..???!!! WAKE UP..!!!! I would have quit immediately,in a younger version of me,but right now I need the health care. If they fired me, I would have unemployment, and can get cheaper healthcare. I'm in a no win situation,unless I find a job of equal benefits. I can't wait till I retire,or die...whichever comes first.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Take a deep breath and instead of telling him to stick it, you should have taken the raise but continue to look for another job. They did the same thing to me where I work as they would give me these dinky pay raises thinking it would be enough. If I had to commute Id have left a long time ago, but I save a lot of cash being able to walk to work. Taking the raise means you can use the higher hourly rate when negotiating for your next job. Youll have medicare in what, 2 years? Hang on till then plus youll have Social Security at 66, try not to take it sooner as youll lose out on a lot of cash.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I appreciate your advice,CC. But what's done,is done. So the fact of the matter is, we have a 21.9% tax rate here in Pa. That's Fed,and Pa...not including SS. Then,there's a county tax,a municipal tax and a road usage tax. So, if i make an extra $8 a day, before taxes,I end up with $2.98 after all the taxes. Let me be clear here. I utterly despise the Pa.Dept. Of Revenue,and all these little bloodsucking municipalities.I won't do one thing to put a red cent,into these thieving,corrupt snakes coffers. I would love to see them all,hanging on meat hooks..!💀💀💀😠😠 These worms have even voted to REDUCE SSI, and MEDICARE..!! But,the real problem lies at my work,and the constant disrespect, and complaining by the owners daughter. I've NEVER put up with 💩 like that,from anyone..!She doesn't just do it to me,she disrespects everyone. That's the kruxt of the problem. Until they do something about her, this situation will linger. I can assure you of this, if she'd have been a guy, I 'd have knocked him out,the very first week. I have a bad "bent" about this place now,(probably from working in pro wrestling and MMA all those years) and it probably won't change,until I leave. I'll try to do my best, but I'm not going to let them try to placate this situation,with chump change.🙈🙉🙊 BTW...Here in Pa.these shrubs are still living in Reaganomics,they Don't care what you made on your last job. At the rate I'm going, I'll NEVER see 64,let alone 66... This nonsense is going to kill me.😵😵
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Virginia income tax is around 5% depending on what you make and Federal for me is between 10-12% so together its 17%. With deductions youll get some of that money back. No matter how much you hate these people, be careful how you treat them so rumors dont end up moving around as you apply for other jobs. I went thru that when I was a head tennis pro and it cost me my job. I feel the same way though as I had a resident threaten me today and Im having stress related issues physically including high blood pressure. Not sure Im going to deal with it much longer.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Don't put up with it. Call the police. I delivered Federal subpoenas for 8 years,so I know how to handle those type of assclowns. You have to establish a " packing order". If I was still working for the feds,I would have had these idiots here brought up on charges.(for jobplace harrassment) In fact,I 've made that comment at work to co workers,so it probably got back. At any rate,the last thing they want to do is open a can of worms with me. There are so many OSHA violations at this place,all I need to do is make one call. Rest assured...I'm ready to go to DefCon 1. But if you're talking about the local politicians and municipal criminals, I couldn't care less. I'll talk 💩💩 on them,as long as I'm alive.Someday,we'll see them ALL hang..!! 💀💀💀💀