A New Job

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: A New Job

Post by CaptNoize »

So,as of last Thursday,a co- worker that I had trained for 3 months,and was working out great,quit. He got a job,working from home,making more money,and from day 1,full healthcare. This was precipitated by the owner's daughter,giving him hell for a paperwork error. The guy who trained me,is dying from cancer,and he only comes in a few days week. I don't think he will make it till June. No one wants the job,and all I hear from my coworkers is that is caused by "free money" from the government. I keep telling them,that stopped months ago,and they're bullheaded idiots. They don't get it,the dynamic of labor,and employers treating employees like dirt, is over. If employers want to act like assholes,employees will go elsewhere. There is plenty of opportunities out there,and these clowns better realize that. I've been hanging in there,but with my attitude,and temper, I could walk out at anytime. We'll see what happens. :x :x :roll:
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Yeah, sounds pretty normal now. A lot of companies are trying to implement going back to the office full time and are getting a lot of pushback, if not downright employees quitting rather than return to the office full-time. These obscenely paid executives need to realize that people have realized that most jobs CAN be done from home, the efficiency of doing their job from home doesn't go down, so unless they're willing to shell out $$$ to keep people in the office, they need to accept WFH and hybrid.

As far as my jobs updates, it's been going well. I'm starting to actually be able to assist with things, and getting integrated into the team. We're fully hybrid, 3 days a week from home, Thurs & Fri in the office. While I'm not HUGE on being in the office on Friday, it's not like it's a big deal, and the 3 days of WFH makes it quite tolerable.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im 68 and even with this market my prospects of a decent paying job are going to be difficult. Most people dont want my job, particularly younger people yet my company and the property to a lesser extent devalue me a lot of the time. My experience level is very deep and detailed, and my presence saves them thousands of dollars in vendor fees. If I leave no one will take my place and if they do find someone it will take them a long time to learn the property and its tendencies. It seems to be a truism that no one values you till youre gone and things fall apart.
Hang in there Capt as they might wake up a bit as they did where I am but neither of us should expect more than that.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

CC, your employer ought to be ASHAMED of themselves for treating someone of your qualifications and skills the way they do. It's a remnant of Reaganomics,the whole trickle down theory. Yeah... we know how that worked out. The rich got richer,corporate America made trillions,and the working class got raped 6 ways from center. And now,the politicians,mostly Republicans,and some Democrats,want to due away with Medicare and Social Security. If you don't believe it,look it up. I'm fed up,and I'm done taking 💩. Then, my boss tells me today, " Wait till it starts to get hot outside,this place doesn't have any A/C..!! You'll be sweating your guts out here,it gets 100 degrees in the shop... Yeah,see how that happens....
I would rather do my own thing,live out what little life I have left,than stressing out every day. To put in the words of Road Warrior Hawk, " If they don't like it,... I don't care "💀💀💀..!!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I cant do no a/c anymore as I dont handle it well at my age.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I don't do it well at all. I got sun poisoning back in the early 90's,and ever since then,I get sick real easy,when the heat and humidity gets high. I used to pave roads,and do roofing,but those days are long gone. I just can't do it anymore.... It seems like a company that can't do climate control,making you freeze in the winter,and suffer blistering heat in the summer, shouldn't complain about their workers. Yet... They do :x :x :x :twisted: :evil:
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

So,the wheels really came off at work today. After working very hard at meeting a job requirement at getting a large paying government order out, I went to my work station( a table in the middle of the warehouse) to find my battery powered screwguns were gone. I went to my boss,and asked where'd they go..? He told me,you can't use them anymore, you're used a starbit, instead of allen bit. Those screws you put in were all loose. I said if I had the right tools(Which I had asked for,at least 10 times,in the last 3 months,but was denied). So you got to put them in all with an allen wrench,which was worn out. I blew my stack..!!!😠😠😠😠😤😤😤😤💀💀 I told him after many expletives, that " this job" isn't working, if this is the way you're going to treat me,you got my 2 week notice. He told me to calm down,but I wasn't having it,I said " I'm leaving,I'm not sitting here for an hour,doing nothing. I clocked out an hour early, cuz I could go home and do something important,... Like mow the grass. The plant manager called me,later at home, wanting to know why I left. I explained what happened,and he said he'd get me all the tools I needed,to do the job. It's quite apparent these people are clueless. I shouldn't have to be treated this way,so,no matter what happens,I'm starting my job search now. If they don't want a good worker,someone else will. :x :x :x :x
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Why dont you go talk to the plant manager and explain everything in detail and let him deal with your floor manager. Let the floor manager do some sweating for a change when he cant explain why you didnt get the tools you needed.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Yes,you're right. Actually,I'm going to the new HR manager about this. All the plant manager does is blow smoke up your ars, to appease you. He's so full of 💩, it runs out his ears. :x :lol: I was made aware today that I have alot of respect, in upper management. ( the new management,that is) My co worker said today,I need to make certain people aware of what is going on,and things might change. However,you don't know how many times I've heard that. I 've got to try something. But in the meantime,I'm still going to do a application marathon this weekend,and see what comes my way. This morning when I went in, I got right in my floor managers face,and told him " I didn't appreciate being thrown under the bus yesterday ". You did it,and I lost all respect for you. You need to know,Karma is a bitch. That weasel didn't say a word. He knew I was right. He spent the rest of the day,trying to make conversations with me. I ignored him. Once you burn me, we're done. I hope I can find something to work from home. At this point in my life,that seems the best.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

While youre at it, get the them to supply you the refrigerant based cooling fans the NFL uses that look like stand up fans but have a cooling coil on them. At the very least they should get industrial size and grade cooling fans on the floor for the workers. Not taking care of what might be a health risk on the floor could be an OSHA violation and they certainly dont want that given the size of the fines.
Site Moderator