A New Job

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: A New Job

Post by CaptNoize »

A week out,and I'm still sick from being in a cold storage sector of that last job. Can't seem to shake a nasty cough. I think it's bronchitis,but I've been taking cough syrup and the token cold meds for it. I put out 6 applications this week,and already had 1 rejection. I 'll keep trying before i sign up for unemployment insurance. I have alot to contribute,I just need to find the right fit for me. One things for sure, I'll never go back to what I was doing. Customer service isn't for me.😡😤😕
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Bronchitis is a pain and its going to hang on for awhile, so the more rest you can get the better. Id sign up for unemployment now as they'll require you to keep looking anyway.
Ive been on the customer service side for a long time and its not easy at all.

I'm waiting till after the first of the new year to see if the Board will increase my salary or give me a bonus. Depending on what happens, I may retire early next year. Given some health issues are cropping up, I wont work beyond 70, unless theres no other choice.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I agree,wholeheartedly,about rest. As of this morning,I have a job interview,on Wednesday,at one of the places i submitted an application at. It may just be what I'm looking for. I 'll let you know.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Hope it works out.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

This job is kinda high tech. I'm hoping I get it. It's in the RIDC park where the cold storage job was,only a little closer..!😁
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

What kind of tech?
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Shielding for EMP and radiation. I got the job..!😁 This company does alot of classified government work,so I can't talk much about the work. Suffice it to say,it's something I can physically do, till I can retire,provided my health holds up. It's only 5.1 miles from me.!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

THat should be interesting work and a must in todays world.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I probably won't start till the first of December. Background checks and drug test takes time.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Starting my new job Tuesday. Been trying to get over the effects of Sciatica in my right leg,that started the same time the side effects of my Covid booster shot. I've got it settled down alot,but, it's still hurting. I just hope I can make it thru my first day.