EYE EXAM SCAM

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

EYE EXAM SCAM

Post by CaptNoize »

So, here's something more for me to bitch about. I scheduled an eye exam about 2 months ago,with an eye doctor I used to go to,but quit,due to the fact that he stopped taking my insurance. I haven't had my eyes checked for about 5 years,(I know, not good) so I set this up. I went yesterday,only to find out that the practice had moved,from a medical arts plaza to a "boutique" type of office situation,in another part of the town. I should have realized when my friend and I pulled in the parking lot,that the prices where going to be high. Most of the cars in that small lot where Audi' s ,Lincolns,BMW's and Ferrari's. After getting in and situated,they called me back.which I spent a 1/2 hour with 2 women,checking my eyes,and asking me questions. I told them that I had a pair of new frames,just wanted to update the lenses,and get a script for new contacts. Then they dilated my pupils...UGH..! I HATE that...! That's "why" i brought a friend to drive me home. After doing this,they wanted me to go look at frames,which I already had told them,I bought my new frames with me. Besides...WHY would you want to look at anything,esp. new glasses, when everything is a "blur"..???? IDIOTS..!!! I had told them prior( to even getting the appointment) that my healthcare didn't cover eye wear or eye exams. I was paying for this one out of pocket. The secretary figured up my bill,and it with insurance,was $985.95...!!! After I reminded them of "out of pocket", the price came down to $579.00 ! Which is STILL way high..! They were rushing me out,since it was past 5pm closing time,and said to send them a check for the lower amount. When i got home,I sent them an email telling they weren't getting paid,unless I had an ITEMIZED invoice. What a ripoff..!
" A Fool and His Money,are Soon Parted".... P.T. Barnum :evil: :x :x :roll:
crosscourt

Re: EYE EXAM SCAM

Post by crosscourt »

Sorry you had that experience. Im heading to get my eyes examined at a large local practice in my area that my insurance plan has in their network. I havent had my eyes checked in 7 years due to the pandemic. Once I get my booster and renew my insurance Im off to get my eyes checked. My vision has really gotten worse.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

That's because you spend alot of time on the computer..! ;) :D Actually,as we age,our vision deteriorates. I hope they don't pull the " bait and switch " on you, like they did me. My PCP did it to me,2 weeks ago,by adding a " co-pay"..which I had already paid,at the time of the visit..!!! Don't get me wrong, I HATE insurance companies,but now, you got medical providers gouging US,who can't afford it also :roll: :evil:
wove

Post by wove »

I had minor surgery on my eye 6 months ago. It was expensive and all out of pocket. The surgery did not take and now they want to do it again, which will be expensive again and of course still all out of pocket. I am unsure if I will proceed, but in the end I suppose I will choose to keep my vision.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

These scammers have us OVER the barrel..! What are you going to do..??? Fix it yourself..?? I think not..! So, they're inflating the prices over the pandemic,and the fact that we all need healthcare and we're at their mercy. And frankly, the " bean counters " don't give a 💩 whether you live,or die...! I've seen it several times in my life. Hang onto your wallet,it's going to take a real hit...!!😠😠👎👎
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

My insurance company gets involved if somebody tries to screw me over. The insurance has specific parameters as to what they will cover so all I have to do is watch to see what this practice does and make sure we talk about it up front.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Oh... I did too. They came back at me with " You haven't met your deductible ". Which I had already told them. It's that alot around my area are just incompetent. But you still have to watch your billing and invoices,since they like to slip hidden charges in,and mistakes. :roll: :x :x :evil:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I dont have any deductible with my insurance which makes things a bit simpler.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Mine is $1500.00 And those assclowns called me today,saying they weren't going to do anything until they got a check from me. I told the Secretary,not without a ITEMIZED invoice..!!! If they don't like it, I don't care. :x :x :x :evil:
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Finally got the invoice. Now I see why they were trying to rush me to pay the total bill. They were charging me $438.00 just for lenses in my old frames...!!! Really.??? My eye exam and script was only $75.00 ! And the total bill was $746.00 Where was the other $200 going.???? I paid for the exam and script, told them they need to learn how to use a calculator,and left. I'll find someone else to do my lenses. :x :x :x :roll: