Octoberfest in September

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Octoberfest in September

Post by CaptNoize »

So, I'm sitting here this morning after working 23 hours in 2 days,being a show runner/system engineer at a local art show/ Oktoberfest, recouping. Wow..! I didn't realize how much I HATE Polka music...!! :evil: :evil: I stayed on the main stage,not out at the main mix position,because of the embarrassing performances I witnessed. Perhaps,I'm saying this from a biased opinion of how I dislike the genre, but a "rock" band played the opening night,and Oh My God, all I did was cringe..!!! The vocals sounded like someone killing cats in a bag๐Ÿ™€ ๐Ÿ‘Ž!!!LoL..!! It Kills me when these local nobody's think they're rock stars,and totally suck..! I got pulled out of "Not doing these kinda events" because of a friend,... and the MONEY ๐Ÿ’ฐ,but,no more. At my age,and my past credentials,all these type of events do is ruin my reputation in the business. The one positive note was, nice weather and nice looking women..!๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‹
tlmiller

Re: Octoberfest in September

Post by tlmiller »

CaptNoize wrote: โ†‘Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:28 pm nice looking women..!๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‹
I'll be honest, that's enough to convince me to do things often. :D I'm very weak when it comes to saying no to lovely scenery.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Always the best reason to go to local events and even at my age I enjoy the scenery.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

The Rock Bend Folk Festival is going on in town this weekend and it always brings a huge crowd. We are fortunate in we live across the street from the park. Yesterday was a beautiful day and I had a nice time meeting old friends and listening to the music. It is nice too that when I get tired of the crowd, I can go home sit on the porch and still listen to the music.

The town is big on live music which is nice. There is a Blue's Fest in the spring, Jazz in the Park every Thursday evening, Rock Bend is the biggest festival, and in a few weeks we will have Ocktober Fest and well we get Polka music, it is fortunate it is only one day.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

You all should have been with me,when i was out on the road with Skid Row,Great White and Def Leppard. You'd still be drooling...!๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I probably would have enjoyed that, I remember what those concerts looked like. Although I would have needed ear plugs, with the exception of Twisted Sister, I generally hated all the hair bands.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Believe it or not, the one band i worked with that drew the prettiest women,at that time,was the Scorpions. They weren't a " Hair band" and seemed to appeal to everyone.
They also had some high attendances at their shows,alot of sell outs. Triumph fell into that category,also.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Loved Scorpions!
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

The first small tour I worked when i was 20 years old,was Judas Priest,with opening acts Def Leppard,followed by the Scorpions,then Priest. The Scorpions were supporting their "Love Drive" album. Yes... I said album, Cds weren't around yet. They absolutely CRUSHED both acts..!! Judas Priest put on a solid show,but you could tell,the Scorpions were already Hard Rock veterans..! Rudolph Schenker was unbelievable..! Michael Schenker wasn't with them on this tour, but the guitar solos were blistering..! I suggest listening to "We'll Burn the Sky" live from that time 80-81....smoking..!