Orange, Pink, or Purple?

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: Orange, Pink, or Purple?

Post by crosscourt »

I didnt have collision coverage either in the situation I mentioned but Allstate still stepped in and contacted the other company and finally we got it worked out.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

A drunk jerked over into my lane at the last second, totalling our car. It took about 9 months to finally get it settled and I think it took 3 months just to get them to acknowledge they had liability. In MN you can sue for up to $5000 in small claims court, so I took the driver to small claims which does not require a lawyer, which seemed to have spurred him to wake up his insurance company. This was quite a while back and $5000 was about what the car was worth.

We have never had collision insurance our assement of it was generally the same as yours. You always sort of figure there are situations where collision insurance would be very nice to have, but we always felt the resources could be better used.

So you picked purple key caps to remind yourself of the beating your Corvette took. :)
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

My Saturn was parked in the parking lot across the street from my condo. Someone came down the hill, turned right and lost control, hitting my car, thrusting it six feet into the air and 120 feet onto the grass. It was totaled, but with collision I got more than the total value of the car and was able to replace it. Particularly if youre car is still being financed, having collision makes a lot of sense. We all have various insurance that we pay for that more than likely will never be used, but in my case Ive had a lot of single incidents like the fire in my home, that made me realize that those only happen once events can completely ruin you financially.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Sorry to hear you had an accident, TL. Unfortunately,it's a nightmare dealing with insurance companies. You did the smart thing by hiring a lawyer. Those rats will try at every turn to cheat you out of every penny they owe you. I got stiffed many years ago,when i was involved in an accident. I had a broken back,and the drunk that hit me,had no insurance,and just had robbed a liquor store. I got NOTHING..! Even from my own insurance company..! They only paid for my medical bills,but not much of that..! What a mess..!😕