Didnt get Covid but got the Flu

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Didnt get Covid but got the Flu

Post by crosscourt »

I heard reports that some people got bad cases of the flu who werent affected by Covid and I ended up as one of them. Im out of bed for the first time in four days and feel like a truck ran over me. Wearing a mask may have prevented this but being vaccinated I took it off.
Site Moderator
wove

Re: Didnt get Covid but got the Flu

Post by wove »

That is a bummer,hope you snap right back soon. I managed to go my whole life without ever having the flu until about 5 years back when I got it and got it bad. I was down for a good while and yeah and indeed felt like I had been ran over by a truck. Since that point I have gotten a flu shot. Of course this seems an off time of the year for flu, sort of at a point where new flu shots are not out and its been a long time since the last one.

25,000 new cases of Covid last week. It amazes me how many people I know who refuse to get shots.
bin

Post by bin »

Vaccination does not confer immunity - it just mitigates against the worst of the effects and potentially reduces transmissibility. The 'flu' you had could well just be vaccinated covid.

Our vaccination rates have dropped, Boris is convinced that the public will use their common sense and judgement <ROFLMAO> and we're back to 42,000 plus per day with all restrictions coming off on Monday - apart from 'wear are mask where it seems appropriate. Just tell the 20 something lager louts to use their common sense..........ha!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im well aware it could be Covid but the Flu has been rampant in my area since people took off their masks. Tests havent come back yet so its a wait and see but the symptoms are identical to Flus Ive had before, typically summer time events. The onset was sudden and rapid and symptoms are already subsiding which doesnt follow the guidelines from NIH so Im still guessing its the FLu. Irregardless I wont be back to work till next wek and 10 days will have passed at the minimum by then. I wore my mask everywhere except while outside and in the office so its unclear how this happened.

Everyone opened up too quickly, as Virginia was in the green and are now in the red with a large number of cases. So many fanatics who dont want to take a shot.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Test came back and it wasnt Covid, just a bad flu. Good news but still have to get over this nasty flu.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its been a crazy two weeks, as the flu was much worse than I anticipated, then my neighbor tried to flood my unit with a faucet leak. Last night my AC went out and HR is being a bear with getting a doctors note to return to work. Been with the company since 2014 and theyve never required me to produce a doctors note, but now they are being a bit direct.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Thankfully they got my AC working so no $8000 fix at this point. Now if I can get back to work things will be back to normal.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Sorry to hear you're sick CC, it's a bitch when you gotta work. The flu that's going around here is bad..! Makes you sick for days. Take care and get better soon..!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

First day back to work and gees Im feeling like Im 90. Its hard to lay around for so long and not lose your conditioning and still day with some of the after effects of the flu.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its been tough getting back to work as the flu really kills your stamina and continues to affect breathing and causes a mild cough. Wear a mask and avoid this as well as Covid.
Site Moderator