MEMORIAL DAY

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

MEMORIAL DAY

Post by CaptNoize »

So, I was asked many times this past week... "What are you doing for Memorial Day weekend"..? I pretty much didn't answer the questions,since everyone asking was wanting to go to a party,for me to have a party,drink and be merry,socialize and get drunken stupid, with all their friends and relatives.I have no time for that utter nonsense. My holiday will consist of fixing and decorating the graves of my friends and relatives, veterans and otherwise,who influenced me,and served our country and communities,in quiet reflection and humility,of them. The weather is cold and rainy here,so it's fitting for a somber holiday. I urge all who read this, to remember our veterans,both dead and alive, who gave all,so we could have a Great life. Wouldn't it make more sense,to go see a veteran in a nursing home,or buy a homeless vet a meal,than indulge in a drunken falling down stupor..??? If you haven't seen it, i would highly recommend you watch Five Finger Death Punch's song "Wrong Side of Heaven,Righteous side of Hell"....heart breaking....
Last edited by CaptNoize on Sun May 30, 2021 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crosscourt

Re: MEMORIAL DAY

Post by crosscourt »

The meaning isnt lost on me as many of my friends died in Vietnam and some fo my family members and my father served in WWII. I have a lot of friends who are in the service so I think about their situation all the time.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Probably not that surprising given that I served, but a fair number of my friends served as well, so kinda impossible for me NOT to regularly be reminded of how things are.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Thank You for your service,TL, and to all the veterans who serve and have served. I appreciate it.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Same here TL.
Site Moderator