Just call me Britney, cause ooops, I did it again...

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: Just call me Britney, cause ooops, I did it again...

Post by crosscourt »

Im still waiting on my stuff.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Since I found the SX8200 for sale, things have changed. The Crucial P1 is out... Put the EX920 in the 7490. Took the Toshiba XG5 from there and put it in the Thinkpad A485. Will be pulling the P34A80 out of the 7400 to put in the new laptop, and the 8200 when it arrives will go in the 7400. A little bit of hardware musical chairs, but it'll put the only non high-performance SSD I will still have (XG5, and it's still not a BAD drive by ANY stretch of the imagination, but it's more middle of the road than high performance...for NVMe) into my slowest laptop that can take a drive. Then put the SX8200 Pro, which is by far the top of the hill in terms of modern SSD's, into my highest performance laptop. I've already swapped the lower laptops around and am reinstalling them now. Obviously the SX8200 hasn't arrived since i was just ordered today, so I'll leave the P34A80 in the 7400 until the new laptop arrives, then I'll steal it and that just won't be able to be used until the SX8200 arrives.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Just got notification that the laptop will be delivered tomorrow. Assuming UPS shows up. Not exactly known for delivering on time. Or at all.

And the ram arrived in Tolleson this morning, so it should be delivered tomorrow as well.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

UPS is excellent herea and even right now theyve been reliable. USPS thats another stoiy.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

From my experience (everywhere I've lived) FedEx is the most reliable of the 4 major delivery companies (including DHL). USPS and DHL are both fairly reliable, although maybe not the best ontime. UPS is utterly unreliable. They MAY deliver your package. They may lose it. It may show up 2 weeks late. It PROBABLY will show up in a condition that looks like someone drove over it with a monster truck...yeah, I've had issues with UPS "deliveries" many a time. I won't personally use UPS ever due to how many issues I've had with them over the years (this is from living in MD, MI, AZ)
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Must be different where you are but here I find UPS and FedEx both excellent.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I've had issues in every state, every city I've lived in with UPS. Before I moved where I am now i never had even the slightest issue with USPS. I've had a few since living here, especially when I first moved here. Gotten better in the last few years when they replaced our carrier. But UPS, always issues everywhere I've lived.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Until recently I ran an Ebay store for years and also sold items outside the site and honestly havent had any issues with UPS or FedEx for many years.
USPS make a lot of mistakes delivering to the wrong address particularly in apartment/condo complexes. Its happened many times in my area, particularly since the Postal Service alternates have been in use.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Guess we've had different luck. Nothing would ever be willing to convince me that UPS isn't run by monkeys. Although they did deliver 1/2 packages today...the other is who knows where...typical for UPS...
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I did about 1200 packages with them thru ebay and another 500 on the outside so yes youre experience with UPS simply makes no sense to me given how good theyve been.
Site Moderator