YOUTUBE REACTIONS

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

YOUTUBE REACTIONS

Post by CaptNoize »

It's amazing to see reactions on YouTube from people checking out bands that I've been listening to for years. Rush,Judas Priest,Boston,UFO, Iron Maiden,and Sabaton are just some of the band's that are getting RAVE reviews. It's funny to see how blown away some of these people are when the hear these bands. Recently, I watched a reaction from "Weebo",reacting to Rush "Hemispheres" . He listened to the entire Album,and was left speechless...and TOTALLY humbled. He couldn't believe it came out more than 35 years ago...! Better late than never... :roll:
crosscourt

Re: YOUTUBE REACTIONS

Post by crosscourt »

One of the most popular radio stations in my area plays stuff mostly from that era, and the reactions are really amazing. They say every 7 years a new audience is created for older media and sometimes it really plays out that way.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Lets hope the trend continues,and we NEVER revisit music from the 90s.... The epitome of mediocre... I used to do sound for a band that said "We do music from the 60's,70's and 90's." We don't do 80's cause it all sucked. My reply was " Why the Hell am I doing sound for you,..???!! That's where I made my most money...!!! :evil: :x :x :x
Last edited by CaptNoize on Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I love the 90's grunge. 90's pop is OK. I hate modern mumble-rap...
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Grunge makes me ill... I'm metal/ prog rock and proud of it. I once worked a show with Pearl Jam,opening for the Stones.... All Eddie Vetter did was whine and complain that he sucked. I said " Get Over it Dude, you're opening for the Rolling Stones. There's only 65,000 people in attendance. You're only the " filler"....
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

IMO Pearl Jam has never been, never will be grunge. That is firmly pop, and the lower rungs of pop at that, and I've never been able to stand them either. Grunge was Green River, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, Melvins, L7, Tad, etc.

I love metal, never been able to enjoy most prog rock. Such as I love Peter Gabriel, but cannot STAND Genesis. HATE HATE HATE HATE Pink Floyd. Don't like Yes. Despise, loath and would rather listen to mumble rock than Pink Floyd. Would stick razors under my nails before I listen to Pink Floyd. Will embrace a country music concert before listening to a single thing Pink Floyd has ever done. Yeah, Pink Floyd one of my all time least favorite forms of music. :D
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I don't like any of those bands either. I guess I'm more prog/power metal than anything. I can't stand any of those circle jerks in flannel from Seattle. The only real band that came out of there was Queensryche. And they only lasted till Chris Degarmo left.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I loved Queensryche when I was younger. For some reason now I hear their songs and I just hit "next". Just absolutely no love for them anymore. Although don't hate them, unlike Guns N' Roses. Complete 180 on them. Loved them when I was young, now listening to them is like being water boarded.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I could NEVER stand GnR before,and I detest them even more now. If I hear "Sweet Child O mine" 1 more time, I'm gonna stick a screwdriver in each of my ears. Axel Rose is a total douche bag. I was playing guitar better than Slash did,when I was 13 years old...TOTALLY hate them...! Ugh...!💀💀💀💀👿👺
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

CaptNoize wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:33 pm If I hear "Sweet Child O mine" 1 more time, I'm gonna stick a screwdriver in each of my ears.
Totally agreed there. Horrible song!!