Got a Raise....Big Deal

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: Got a Raise....Big Deal

Post by CaptNoize »

Well,I 've worked at this job for 2 years nearly,non stop, the whole time thru the whole Covid B.S. I stayed working,while the rest of the gutless,lazy jellyfish ran and jumped on unemployment. Dumbass me,stayed, due to my honest work ethic,and commitment to my job. So, the owner of the company comes in the other day,and says, " There's no raise this year, I can't afford it". Meanwhile, he can afford to go on vacation to Myrtle beach,buy new cars,and spend boat loads of money on nonessential shit he doesnt need.
All i do, is put up with customers bitching non stop,cause their vehicles don't get fixed as fast as they think they should. No wonder people dont want to go back to work,and put up with this kinda nonsense. I've just about reached my limit.😠😠😠😡😡
Last edited by CaptNoize on Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wove

Post by wove »

I would bet there are a few "gutless, lazy jellyfish", but the trend I observe is more people using the recent stimulus resources to allow them to explore other options. I know many restaurants and retail places are hurting for workers, but construction people I know say they have plenty of applicants for jobs. Historically pandemics have been good for the economy and for workers. The black death during the Elizabethan era is largely credited with creating an English middle class.

I think business owners will need to come to the realization that their job offers are really shitty and they need to make jobs more attractive jobs. Looking at waiters and waitresses, how you like to have a job where you pay largely depends on you creating a "go fund me" campaign at the end of every meal you serve.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Wove, these spineless cowards didn't go look for something else to better themselves,they sat on their stupid asses, watching Netflix, till the unemployment benefits ran out. Then , they came running back to us,for their jobs back. After I got the one convicted felon his job back,he ran to my boss complaining about me,that I asked him to do his job,and stay off his phone at work,caused me all kinds of aggravation. Just wait... What goes around,
Comes around...the Last thing you want ...is me,as an enemy..😡😠 :twisted: :evil:
Last edited by CaptNoize on Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I had a good relationship with my regional and the Board here on the property but that went away. Now I have a Board that is really out there and a regional thats too interested in the company line. It appears I wont be getting any more raises as they say Im overpaid for my position. Outside of overtime for emergencies there will be no increase in what I make. Thats a killer when your trying to save for retirement and costs continue to go up.
Im pretty much screwed and will have to grin and bear it, like it or not. I saved them paying for medical as Im on Medicare now but they turn around and offer nothing. Its the state of the world these days. Screw the experienced employee whos been there 13 years, knows the property like the back of his hand and lives on the property, so service calls are really fast on response. That still isnt enough to satisfy people when all they want to do is not see an increase in their condo fee. Im on call most of the time and there is no one to step in so youre life is disrupted, vacations are close to impossible, let alone be sick and no one really cares. I rarely get off the property and its been like this for years.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

It's such a tragedy that this is the way of the world,now. It's also typical of how years of Reaganomic mindset has shaped the working world. Trickle Down economics don't work. Blue collar workers are still suffering from this silliness years later. So, i heard by way of the grapevine today,that the convict I've had to put up with,for the last several months(I call him Inmate 001,since i have absolutely 0 respect for him) got himself another job. He put in his 2 week notice today. I can ASSURE you the place he's supposedly going WONT put up with his B.S.... I couldn't care less, Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish. :twisted: :twisted: :evil:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Glad hes leaving as it will at least make your life a bit easier.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Yes,but i was totally ignoring that souless turd. I've found that putting any energy into someone i detest as much as him,is just a waste of my time. 20 some odd years ago, I'd have beat his ass to a bloody pulp in a steel cage,or better yet,the parking lot. 💪 :twisted: I have way too much to lose,to a dirtbag that has absolutely nothing. Give any parasite enough rope,and they'll hang themselves.💀 :twisted:
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

So,yesterday,one of the mechanics asked me,jokingly, "Who you gonna pick on after the convict leaves"..? (Which,btw,he only worked till noon,and we were crushed) and I said,"No one,as long as you do your damn job,breath thru your nose,and keep your mouth shut"..! My boss heard him,and reprimanded him. It's amazing how combative,disrespectful and defiant people are now. I try very hard to be polite to everyone,but this pandemic has changed everyone's attitudes...😤
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its an after effect of Trump the chaos dealer. Today a Southwest Airlines flight had a person try to breach the cockpit area, and these types of events have increased 1400%. Anti-civil events are happening all over and anti-ethnic events are rising sharply. In my community where I work there has been a huge uptick in people demanding things which we cant give them since these are condos not rentals. They also want no restrictions whatsoever and will not obey the rules built into the condo documents and part of state law. Ive had to call the police far more than in the past and the Trump style live and be free types are all over the place. Earlier in the pandemic a large group of people had a block party in the community and the Board really didnt do what they shouldve and allowed it causing a spike in Covid19 cases. I was terrified for most of last year given these actions and the fact that the Board didnt have my back. This mindset is absolutely everywhere and Trumps attitudes used as an excuse to do whatever anyone feels like.
I have no answers as to what to do nor where this will go but in the 68 years Ive been alive this is the first time Im actually worried about what will happen in this country and locally with civil unrest.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

All I can recommend,..sadly,.. is to arm yourself, heavily. I really hate saying this, but lawless I fear,is at our doorsteps. I've seen this "Hooray for Me,to Hell with you" attitude has been around for years but all the Chumpets have amplified it 100 fold. I see every day,when driving around here, signs that say " Don't blame me, I voted for Trump". Really..??? That's like bragging you 💩 yourself...!!! LoL..! BTW... Did you hear that Delusional Liar says he'll be reinstated in August..???? I'm hoping he's charged with Treason/Sedition by then..!