Got a Raise....Big Deal

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: Got a Raise....Big Deal

Post by CaptNoize »

I put up with the same 💩💩😤😤!! Since I live so close,and the owner(s) are my cousins,they think I should go in on my weekends and clean the shop..!!!😠😠😠😠💀💀.
How do you go from being a Parts Manager,to a Pandemic cleaning mitigator,to a janitor,and forklift operator..???? And STILL get bitched at..!! This is why I'm sending out several resumes this weekend. The complaint around my part of the country is " No one wants to work" I disagree,and almost got into several fist fights over it( which I would love)but the fact is, Employers have to pay a LIVING WAGE..!!! People have finally wised up, and are NOT going to work for sub par wages. The working class of this country,has been doing it since the Reagan years,where we were BS'ed into the trickle down theory. I NEVER bought into it,since I started out as a Union Laborer,working Heavy Construction. I made good money for the hard grueling work I did,then the Unions went away,and the workers of America got screwed. If I sound angry and bitter,it's cause I am. I'm just sick of all the lies and falsehoods.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The nice side is, the people in the community dont want me to quit but we all know people are quickly forgotten when they move on. Maybe Ill get on the board of the HOA and get some revenge. For now Im going to suck it up and try to sock away more cash till they either get rid of me or I truly cant stand it anymore.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Had a heart to heart this morning with my manager but she is completely clueless. I cant make her understand based on the fact Ive been here 13 years and shes been here 3 months. No familiarity with past policies and no real understanding of the property, nor its residents. Regional is the same way and we just
dont see anything eye to eye. Its tough when they dont realize what will happen when a live in maintenance person leaves and they dont get real time immediate help on the property. How can people be so clueless?
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Not a good week as I was moving a sleeper sofa some idiot left in the street with a dolly and tore my hip flexor. Im at home for the next five days minimum and we'll see what happens. Getting old really sucks.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Sounds like a Workmans Comp issue... Can you apply for it..? Altho, they'll jack you around forever, I'd still try. what a joke that is... It's TOTALLY set up to protect the employer. You have to fight them tooth and nail,just to get 1 penny..!!😠😠 It usually ends up having to get a lawyer to fight them. Do you have AFLEC...? I do,for injuries. I hope you get well soon. I can do about half of what I used to be able to do, but I'm still pretty strong for age,even with all my past injuries.
wove

Post by wove »

I tore my hip flexor many years ago. It was very painful for a few days, but cleared up after a while and has given me no long term troubles. Hope you get back up and about soon.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

It could be a workmans comp issue but tough to prove given the injury could have occurred as part of normal life and due to my age. Im betting it will be ok by Monday but will have to baby it for awhile.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I tore an ab muscle back in 2017,and it's still giving me a problem. I take gabapetin occasionally,to control the pain. I have a particularly low tolerance to it, so a little can help. I hope the pain grows away fast. It sucks being hurt..!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

My Regional called me at home because there was a pipe leak in a unit and they wanted me to shut off the water, which obviously I cant do as I cant climb stairs. They got our plumbers to come over and do it but they will sit till the job is done so its going to cost quite a bit. They are now seeing what will happen if there isnt a maintenance tech onsite. Its going to get expensive in a hurry.
Pain has improved a lot but it took two days but its still not feeling great. Walking is ok but climbing is painful. Probsably will be ok by Monday but will have to limit what Im doing for the rest of the week.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I would still submit a Workmans Comp claim. What do you have to loose..? All they can do is deny it,then if you get hurt later on,this will be documented,and you can sue their asses for denying you comp..! Just remember, they don don't care whether you live or die,..don't do them ANY favors,or courtesy. :x :x :evil: :roll: