Got a Raise....Big Deal

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: Got a Raise....Big Deal

Post by crosscourt »

My wife still works and is also getting a sizable SS check plus my modest SS check so its not like we dont have cash. We would have to live far more modestly and hope for no big issues.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

It's the unknowns that can wipe you out financially.😮😕 😵
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its already happened twice to my wife and I. We declared bankruptcy once due to a combination of business and medical losses then the fire on top of the economic downturn got us again. It took 14 years to recover, something I couldnt do at this point in my life.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

As the new manager gets a bit more empowered the requests have gotten a bit more crazy and a bit picky. This will take a herculean effort not to lose my temper and to try and be diplomatic about the situation. This manager is not as pragmatic as my last one and its going to be a stressful situation for a long time.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

My relationship with the board seems to be better than I expected so if I can leverage that the Regional wont be able to kick me to the curb as I may be the best hope to maintain the contract with the property.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I've never worked at a place where people(employer and employees) constantly complain. I told my boss yesterday,for the second time,if the bitching doesn't stop, I'm OUT..! You'd think that with the work climate being what it is,they'd wise up,since it's almost impossible here to find people who want to work,and shut their mouths. Not here... All I will say is 3rd time is the charm.😠😠😬😤😤
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im not really a complainer but the recent events have really ruined my attitude. I do open up to things I dont like and how things are handled. Had a decent talk with my property manager yesterday to clear the air, as I was not in a good mood on Monday and she complained I was argumentative. In reality I was resisting doing things that are part of her job not mine and she continues to press me over it. The property sees me as a maintenance manager but in reality Im a maintenance tech 1 in my company(supervisor at most). Shes use to having a maintenance manager handling many things but thats not my role with the company. Everybody wants something for nothing, so they dont pay me more yet they want me to take responsibility for things that technically I have no business handling.
Its the cover your ass and if he gets whacked all the better. Doers always run the risk of being called out, but somebody has to make a decision and get things done. It would be nice to have somebody back me up but thats not going to happen.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Another bunch of bitching at work today led me to giving my boss a ultimatum. This is the last time,the next time,you're ALL on your own..!! :x :x :x I actually begged the owner to fire me,since I'll go sit on my ass like the rest of the losers around here,while I look for something else. :evil: :roll: This place is toxic,has a total bad " vibe". I've gone back and looked at my past posts in this particular topic,and there's far too many entries on here of my complaints. :evil: I've NEVER put up with this type of nonsense at ANY company I've worked for. To that end, this weekend will be spent applying for a better job. If nothing else, I 'll re open my business. If you don't try,you'll never know. :twisted:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I really dont want another job. Ill probably retire or maybe work part-time. Im giving the new manager some time to see if things improve even though I cant stand my Regional. If it stays like this and the frustration gets too much Ill quit. My only saving grace is I live where I work so at least I can go home, take a deep breath and try to de-stress. Giving up all my hard work with saving money and having a really high credit score, improving our situation after the fire/economic downturn would be tough. Its a hard decision that will completely change my final years, so its difficult to gauge, since Ive not be in this situation before at this age.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Wanted to take today off but had to come in for some trivial things that could have waited. Get into work and the tech I was suppose to meet, had already been there and the manager didnt call me. I then find out that the other issue was a power outage in a unit that occured last night at 10PM and could have been handled then. Its pretty much like this all the time and people treat me as if I dont have a life of my own. The last manager wasnt prone to this type of behaviour, even though there were some issues.
Site Moderator