Got a Raise....Big Deal

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
wove

Re: Got a Raise....Big Deal

Post by wove »

Goodluck for sure, CaptNoize. A new adventure is always a bit exciting even if you were fond of your old adventure and if you detested the old adventure the new one is no doubt going to be a breath of fresh air.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Not sure Id use the word exciting but certainly a new job can offer a smoother experience thats more satisfying and less stressful. As long as you dont have to commute too far you should be good. With your experience youd be a great match with one of the larger Auto parts chains like Advance Auto.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Been there, done them, as a delivery driver. They only pay $9.00 an hour. Worked there for 2 months, then told them to " stick it". The management at that company TOTALLY sucks..! This was a step up in pay, but not as well as my postal job. And none touched my sound engineer job,pay wise,or perk wise. This is going to be stressful,till I get something. I went this a.m. to get my belongings and pay a bill,for car work I had done. I was gracious enough to show my boss where everything was,and made sure i closed out my personal accounts on my work computer. I took my speakers off of it also 😡 They sure didn't buy them,so I wasn't leaving them for the next stooge. I wrote down the phone numbers he'll need. He was already complaining that he'll have to do my job and his,but I said, " This didn't have to happen, if they weren't so cheap. Oh well...💩 happens
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Buddy of mine works for Advance Auto and started at $15.00 and is getting $18.00 now after a year. Good luck with your search.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Advance auto,NAPA and Oreilly only pay 8.50 to 10.00 an hour here to their drivers, counter clerks make a little more,with some commission,but not much. They really have everyone BS'd on wages. Pa. is in a time warp here. $15.00 is barely a living wage,and if you're paying healthcare out of that,you aren't making 💩..! But, Thanks for the well wishes..! 😁
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Had an interview with a major company this week that's hiring at their distribution center. More money per hour,and better benefits. Some days even work less hours. It's more physically active job than my last,but I need it,so I can lose weight,and build up some muscle mass. I was invited to fill out a background check,and if all goes well,(which it should,I have a high government clearance) I 'll start 10-25-21. I'll post more later.
chris

Post by chris »

Congrats!!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Just be kind to your body given the issues you had back when you were working the Postal Service job. Hope it works out. I may be right behind you given whats been going on this week at work.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

CaptNoize wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:55 pm Had an interview with a major company this week that's hiring at their distribution center. More money per hour,and better benefits. Some days even work less hours. It's more physically active job than my last,but I need it,so I can lose weight,and build up some muscle mass. I was invited to fill out a background check,and if all goes well,(which it should,I have a high government clearance) I 'll start 10-25-21. I'll post more later.
Congratulations!!
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Thanks,TL, and all. It's not a done deal yet. But there shouldn't be any snags. I'm as clean as a whistle...😗😇😁 I also got an offer from the Postal Service,but wouldn't consider it,since it's 26 miles one way, to work. The place I interviewed for is 6 miles. Big difference. I know alot of people drive further than 26 miles, but it's not for me anymore. With the gasoline here at $3.50 a gallon here,it adds up quick. Driving the 6 miles has only 2 stop signs..!😁.