That didnt take long, fakealert.b trojan on Win10

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

That didnt take long, fakealert.b trojan on Win10

Post by crosscourt »

Not really sure how it got there as I stick to stable sites but Defender picked it up and quarantined it. I did some additional scanning to be sure but seems to be ok. Typically you see an immediate affect but the builtin protection spotted it fairly quickly. One of my anime sites had an issue the other day so I wonder if they had some issues. This is a severe trojan that can cause some large affects and gain control of your system. This is the thing I hate about Windows as they get targeted more and handle poorly a lot of the time.
I remember my first experience with WinXP was getting a trojan right off the bat while updating the system online.
Site Moderator
dai_trying

Re: That didnt take long, fakealert.b trojan on Win10

Post by dai_trying »

I hope I'm not tempting fate when I say so far I have managed to avoid infection and have been using Windows 10 a fair bit over the last few months. I still do anything serious in Linux but it has been a bit of fun playing with M$ again.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im pretty much testing the 1909 version for my wife to switch to soon, but this surprised me a bit. I never had an infection with Win7.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

1909 is the smallest Windows upgrade ever released. Literally just bug fixes, no feature updates. It points to a hope that MS has learned to stop pushing such gigantic changes so often.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

They also dont force updates anymore. 1909 was optional and I installed it only on my test system. Ive been impressed with Win10 with this version which is far better than the 18xx series I originally tried. Ive also had fun playing with Win10 given I spent all my gaming days on Windows.

Ill also say that the builtin virus and malware features in Win10 are very good.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

No further issues so far so all clear for now.
Site Moderator