Have a happy! Thanksgiving!

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Have a happy! Thanksgiving!

Post by crosscourt »

From the staff of All Linux Things we would like to wish you a happy Thanksgiving. Be safe and enjoy yourselves.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Have a happy! Thanksgiving!

Post by crosscourt »

Im on call tomorrow as my boss took the entire week for Thanksgiving.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

My boss is on call this week, so I doubt I'll even take my phone off the charger tomorrow!! I will Friday though, if it's not raining (supposed to rain all day tomorrow and possibly Friday), we're doing the Saturday hike on Friday. At any rate, HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all the 'muricans!! And a wonderfully happy thursday to all those Brits across the pond.
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

Thanks tl, Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving, and don't work too hard CC.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I have Thursday off,but back to the grind for one day. It's all good, I have much to be thankful for this year. Happy Thanksgiving to all..!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Thabkfully Thursday was quiet but back to work today.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Not here. Was supposed to go for a hike this morning, but the rain that was supposed to hit us yesterday hit us overnight, and it's exceedingly wet outside. My Mustang is grounded, as I can't get to it without swimming (or nearly so, only downside of my parking spots). I do need to get to Fry's electronics (large electronics store, really no equal in the mid eastern seaboard, although if you're familiar with MicroCenter it's essentiall the west coast MicroCenter) to pick up a couple of mice I bought on black friday pricing ($25 for 2, and the one is adjustable weights and all), but they're being held for store pickup (already paid) so no rush.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

There are still some Frys stores on the east coast but not many. MicroCenter though is here in my area.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I know there were no MicroCenters in MD when I left, but I thought there was at least a couple in VA, but it's been so long I couldn't remember for sure.

If there's Fry's in the area, ti's a different chain. The west coast Fry's does have a few stores in Georgia, Indianna and Illinois, but other htan that they're strictly a southwest and west chain. If I recall, MicroCenter started in the midwest area and have a big presence in Indianna, so I'd kinda like to see if they're close to each other. IMO, MicroCenter > Fry's. Inland (MicroCenter store brand) actually makes some AMAZING stuff. They're NVMe m.2 drive when it first came out was the best deal in SSD's. It's a Phison E12 + Toshiba BICS3 nand drive, and performs identical to the other various clones. But was like $30 cheaper when they were all released (the others have since dropped down to about the same price). But pretty much always the Inland brand is amazing value and good quality.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The Frys stores are in New York but thats it but we have MicroCenter here in Virginia the closest to me is Fairfax.
Site Moderator