Things have been almost boring.

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
dai_trying

Re: Things have been almost boring.

Post by dai_trying »

I think the majority of people want stability and certainty, they are the users that will switch over and not have to concern themselves with the question of whether security updates will still be available, and probably wont ask if Win10 will break on them, for me the decision was made to make it more sellable as I plan to move this one on.

And as I have mentioned before I have had a very good experience (albeit not prolonged use) with Win10 and my updates have gone through smoothly (and slowly I have to add), so no drama this end, and although you know of many users who have had problems, you have to consider the userbase of Windows which will leave a heck of a lot of people that have not had any noticeable issues.
crosscourt

Re: Things have been almost boring.

Post by crosscourt »

Those issues have been reported by some well known writers and tech editors who had those issues happen to them personally. My experience with Win10 was interesting as it installed itself on my system once over Win7(even though I disabled that service), destroyed my hard drive on another and many updates that made my system unusable on top of it sending a lot more data than previous versions, thats the short list. Most of the people Ive discussed are not average users and have quite a bit of experience yet suffered thru some real problems. Did not have similar issues with Win7 when it came out although there were growing pains.
I have had times when Win10 would not update which was even more frustrating to solve. I would say far more people have had issues with Win10 than what you see in many forums. Friends of mine that work for Dell support have admitted that they had far more issues with Win10 than they had with Win7 and most of the issues were Microsoft caused not user problems.

People can use whatever OS they like but to continue to support a company that really has no desire to give people a better user experience just doesnt interest me. If I want proprietary I use a Chromebook that so far has been a fantastic experience compared to Win10.
Site Moderator