Will Windows 7 really not be supported past Jan 2020?

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Will Windows 7 really not be supported past Jan 2020?

Post by crosscourt »

Even with their plan of having businesses pay for three more years of support, 38% of users and 47% of SMBs are still using some version of Windows 7.
With such a large user base its going to be difficult to just say you wont release security updates. This was reported to me by another tech site doing an article on the topic. Most people I know who were considering moving to Linux may now stay with Win7 for at least one more year.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Re: Will Windows 7 really not be supported past Jan 2020?

Post by CaptNoize »

Lots of dilly dall-iers out there. Don't want to face the fact that Microflop is screwing them so they'll throw money at Windblows...
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

My wife decided for now to stick to Win7 and make a slow move over to a Chromebook.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with this. I was almost completely moved over to linux in the days of XP. By Windows 7 I had only a single machine that still ran Windows, and I got the OS for that free from when they toured and gave out free licenses of Win7 Ultimate. Which I actually DID eventually upgrade to Win10 Pro, but sold it with the desktop it was on when I got my new desktop (which of course came with Windows, although home).
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Most of my Windows OS since XP I got for free from Dell but thats no longer the case with Win10. Im really happy with Linux and not looking back.
Site Moderator