The weather has been crazy

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: The weather has been crazy

Post by crosscourt »

Yikes, they are saying that Florence will hit end of next week near MC/SC border and sigt there possibly for 4-6 days stalled. Lets hope that doesnt happen and I hope we are far enough away not to see too much rain. My property is very vulnerable to situations like this due to the building design and topography.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Big Trouble here weatherwise.... No end in sight to the rain...3-6" of rain expected thru Monday. Temps have dropped to 56 degrees also..this is a cold,bone damping event. Flooding/mudslides/landslides predicted everywhere. :o :shock:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

We've been getting steady light rain since last night, nothing heavy, some wind, temps in the low 60's and a transformer popped cutting off the electricity at 8am this morning. We didnt get the bulk of Gordon but Florence is coming.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Ended up with 7" of rain for a 3 day total.....! Waaaaay too much....what a mess..! :o :x :x :evil:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I hope youll be ok as the track over the US has shifted to the south so it may spare us and you but whack areas like Atlanta now.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

In my next life I wanna be a weatherman .....totally mess up the forecast everyday, and never get fired for it....
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Weather forecasting has really improved but its complicated and very dynamic, so its tough being right all the time. This year we got a lot of rain that wasnt directly predicted but over time the forecasts have improved a lot. The hurricane is one of the toughest but Im hoping it stays south and west of us.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

We can't take anymore rain here...the ground is so saturated, it can't hold anymore. Trees,and hillsides are falling/sliding away. Roads are buckling, rivers are flooding and schools are closed cause of this. I've never seen it this bad here.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Right now it appears Florence will hit the coast, slide down the coast, eventually moving inland. You wont see any much rain till next week and by then Florence will be a fraction of what it was. My area now is only going to get around an 1 inch of rain.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

We might get some effects of Flo here on Tuesday....it wasn't supposed to rain here at all today...but I was in the middle of mowing grass,and it poured down ....I feel like I'm living with the Munsters......Ugh :x