The weather has been crazy

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
tlmiller

Re: The weather has been crazy

Post by tlmiller »

Still hasn't dropped below 38 here this "winter"...
wove

Post by wove »

Reading the news this morning I see the mid-Atlantic was hit pretty hard. Definitely thinking of @crosscourt and his myriad of buildings to look after. Lots of work ahead, good luck and stay safe.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Trees down on cars, 17F, power was out for 10 hours yesterday thru 11pm last night. Shoveling cant even happen till the temps increase more. I95 had 6 tractor trailers go down and block the road, many bridges had issues and people were stuck in their cars for over 6 hours. I also had a power line go down for lights on the property and the shoveling crew yesterday were clueless and my new boss made things a lot harder than it needed to be. We got around 9 inches but the ice aspect did most of the damage. It started as rain, then sleet then wet snow which froze and trees down everywhere.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Tough day today with a lot more shoveling and e found more trees that came down, one is laying on a power line and a car. Of course the owner of the car starts pulling on the branch along with a friend which could get both of them hurt, or electrocuted. People show no common sense at all.
Looks like we have another storm coming Friday morning that may dump 1-4 inches, but hopefully fluffy snow this time.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Really tough week so far and another storm will hit us tonite with 2-4 inches. Situation with the dumpsters was a joke, with no pickups and a lot of snow over a pile of trash bags. People dumped furniture as well so Im always amazed how stupid they can be. Large section of a tree on a power line and yesterday a resident was trying to cut it down with a chain saw till I stopped him. The situation escalated and he ended up calling the police because I was trying to keep both he and his helper safe. Cop sided with me but its been a real circus.
Getting a bit too old for all of this as Im stunned by how stupid/ lacking in common sense people are these days.
Sitting in my office feeling crappy and hoping tomorrow wont be too bad.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

Your upcomming snow is probably the remnants of what passed though here yesterday. We did not get as much as they were calling for. Fast moving Artic cold front. When it got here is was about 25 out, and it has been falling for the last day. It was -5 when I awoke and now -12 and its way to a -22 tomorrow morning. It is a typical January for the upper midwest. People around here often seem devoid of any common sense as well, but with the temperatures being what they are you do not see many people outside.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Second storm amounted to nothing thankfully. Pretty cold but its almost 30 with bright sun, so not too bad. Im struggling with three major pipe leaks on the property, one of them really serious as its part of the closed loop system, that sends hot water to units for heat.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

It was cold this morning, 11F when I went out for an emergency. Sun was strong and no breeze which eventually allowed the temp to get to 30.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Noreaster on the way but it looks like we will luck out as a high and low will push warmer ocean air in and it will finish as rain.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Weatherman says we're going to get clobbered here. 5-9" at least, maybe as much as 12" I already told profile boss if the roads are bad Monday morning,I won't be in.I'm not going to be in a wreck,for a days pay.