The weather has been crazy

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: The weather has been crazy

Post by crosscourt »

In my area they predicted snow for your area but we also got some snow that wasnt predicted, nothing much in my area.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Gonna get blasted here,possibly over night....maybe 9" in some places.. :shock:
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Gonna be 90* today. And this is a normal temps for this time of year. :D
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

A good friend of mine lived in Phoenix for 12 years. He once sent me a pic of the thermometer outside his door....it read 127 degrees.!!! He said there were monster dust storms.. He said if he knew Denver was so nice,he'd would have been there 11 years ago.... :roll:
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Yeah, in the summer it gets INSANELY hot here most years, sometimes for far longer than is pleasant. If there were somewhere else in the country that was cooler and still didn't use DST, I'd probably move. But my absolute hatred of Daylight Savings Time is such that I'll probably live the rest of my life here unless I get an offer for a REALLY REALLY high paying job somewhere else, simply to avoid ever having to deal with DST again.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Possible Noreaster on the way but right now they dont know if its going to hit us or not. Its sunny but cold here today but still nice.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I wish the government would make up it's mind,...one or the other. This total nonsense of moving the clock back and forth, is stupidity at it's best. It's been proven it doesn't save a penny on electricity or any other energy. In fact,studies show it causes a ton of other problems. I agree with you,just don't want to have my brains boiled out in Az.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I like daylight savings in summer in particular as its valuable having more daylight later at night. I have to deal with a lot of issues on the property and anything that can help not having to use spotlights is a boon.

I understand partly why you dont like DST but honestly never met anyone who hates it as much as you do and actually made life decisions(job/where to live) based on that dislike.
Nothing personal, its just hard for me to relate.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I do admit I like DST....it's just that damn bouncing back and forth that gets to me. Fall is absolutely my favorite time of year. I'd like to find somewhere to live that goes from Fall....right into Spring. If I never see another snow flake it'll be too soon... :twisted:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

DST allows me to spend some time with my wife after work with the sun out for a change.
Site Moderator