crosscourt

Re: The weather has been crazy

Post by crosscourt »

It wasnt bad today compare to earlier but heat wave next week
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Yes...here also...and I got painting to do....! Not good....
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I havent gotten much paiting done on the property this year do to the weather. Hoping things will dry ou this fall and I can catch up some.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Another heat wave this week...! This is too much. The humidity here is thru the ceiling. I thought the grass would be burned out. It hit 93 here today,tie-ing July 4th heat...no rain in site,or cool down... :evil:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

95 here and a dew point of 78, feel like 103. The bad thing this time of year is we tend to get less rain and more heat thru the middle of October.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

That's brutal....tons of my outdoor time is being wasted inside cuz of this heat....nothing we can do about it....
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

CaptNoize wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:09 am That's brutal....tons of my outdoor time is being wasted inside cuz of this heat....nothing we can do about it....
That's the entire phoenix valley. During basically June-September you can't really spend any time outdoors due to the heat. Or if you do, you need to carry TONS of water to avoid going to the hospital, and it's so hot you won't enjoy it anyway.

Of course, the upside is that we have many things you'd think of as outdoor activities indoor. Indoor go-carts, indoor golf, indoor paintball....
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

A lot of my job is done outdoors even though I do spend much time inside the buildings with other activities. I do roof inspections this time of year as well, so i try to wait for cooler days if possible. Ive got to do the pool breakdown tomorrow and seasonal repairs so you have to pace yourself.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I used to run a asphalt plant,for road paving,so I know what "hot" is....there was no AC on the mixing deck,just a roof for shade. At my age, I will be below ground,more than above,so I'm trying to make the last years of my life,somewhat tolerable. I avoid beating myself up anymore,for a "buck",or even fun. I get heat sickness easily,so I just avoid it. ;)
Last edited by CaptNoize on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I dont do well in the heat either and at soon to be 65, Im trying to pace myself a bit better.
Site Moderator