The weather has been crazy

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
wove

Re: The weather has been crazy

Post by wove »

What we had go through yesterday was a clipper, a fast moving cold front. By evening it was rapidly dropping through the teens and this morning it low single digits. The clippers leave in their wake clear days however so it is bright sunny, clear, calm and cold, cold, cold.
bill
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

This is a Noreaster thats hitting us and the mountains tend to get blasted with my area either getting less snow or a wintry mix. There have been a lot of events that I call triple threats. You start out with snow then get sleet followed by freezing rain. Last year it was really bad and I got chewed out by some residents who felt we needed to do more to clean things up, but with type of event there isnt much you can do while its happening.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Winter Storm Gail is here and so far its very light snow but temps are slightly above freezing. Hoping this switches over to rain as was predicted but we have a long way to go.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

We lucked out as it went to rain for a lo0t of the evnet and finished with a bit of sleet. Storm was out of here by 11pm and temps are already in the mid 30s so dodged a bullet this time. Just to the west they got between 7-12 inches of snow.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its amazing as the weather is heading toward high 50s thru Thursday before Winter returns. Feels pretty nice out here compared to last week.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

2020 was one of the wettest years we've ever had in my area and 2021 is starting off pretty much the same way. A lot of rain since summer of last year.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

So far mostly 40s and its January. Hoping we dont get a crazy winter as we had so much rain this year, we dont need more issues.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

For January the weather has been moderate with mostly temps in the 40s to 50. How long it will last I dont know but hoping we might make out thru February.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

So far the weather has been nice as this week we will be close to 50 and no major storms for now.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

It has been a very nice January in Minnesota. Generally we have nothing but cloudy skies with cold temperatures, but we have seen temps above freezing with a good amount of sun. They were calling for a blizzard last week but it never materialized here.

bill