The weather has been crazy

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: The weather has been crazy

Post by crosscourt »

Its been pretty much an Indian summer this week, that with one rain day exception, will continue into next week.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

We got a couple inches of snow over night and it was 18F this morning. I did get the garden chores done and the garden tools put away. Now just the winter tools are on the porch. We saw 70 through the weekend, but I image we will not see such nice days again until April.

bill
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Right now its raining moderately and is 70F. Will be cooling off some into the weekend and we may get a few days of 40s next week.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

It was 7F this morning (-14C). It is mid November and that is just nuts. Oh, and we got another couple inches of snow yesterday.

bill
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

That is nuts as we see those kinds of temps once in a blue moon. We are predicted to have above average temps like last year. We had a lot of rain, some ice but only six tenths of an inch of Snow.
Site Moderator
bin

Post by bin »

October 31st was a blue moon - hope you had your thermal underwear on!!!

We have got poppies flowering in our garden which is just bonkers as the variety in question is normally over by June/July.....
wove

Post by wove »

Actually I think there is at least one Blue Moon every year, which I do not see as being all that rare. I would have been really bothered if I had not gotten my garden chores done. I prefer cold weather to hot weather. It is much easier and cheaper to get warm (add more clothes) than it is to get cooler (where do you go from being naked?)

;) bill
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Blue moons occur about every 2-3 years so its a fairly rare occurrence(occasionally more than one in the same year) thus the saying once in a blue moon. I also love colder weather but only to a point. As Ive gotten older, hot weather doesnt sit well with me anymore.
Site Moderator
bin

Post by bin »

crosscourt wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:07 pm ..... As Ive gotten older, hot weather doesnt sit well with me anymore.
Yup! You're leaning against an open door there!

All these folks going 'Oh 30C I just love the heat' and weather forecasters bleating on about unbroken sunshine and hot days being so lovely...

Anything above about 24C is wasted I reckon as you just spend more time trying to cool off ;)
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Much cooler week with temps in the 30s at night and mid to upper 40s during the day, with some wind and partly cluudy.
Site Moderator