The weather has been crazy

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
tlmiller

Re: The weather has been crazy

Post by tlmiller »

Here it's continued to be hot, dry, extremely hot, clear, opressively hot, with a light breeze. If I didn't mention, it's also been hot. :D
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Id love to have some dry heat as the dew points here are 74-78.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Dew point was 78. Temp was 90. It's Totally unbearable...😠😩😵 I get heat sickness fairly quick, so I can't be out in the direct sun too long. This sucks..!
wove

Post by wove »

I hate to jump in and ruin everyone's misery, but overall Southern Minnesota has had a very nice summer. There have been a couple hot spells, but the air conditioner has only been needed on a few day. Humidity tends to be between 60-70%, with daily highs mid to upper 70s. So it has on the whole been a nice summer. At the moment it is 66 with humidity at 48% and a high expected of 78.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Our dew point was at those 70's nearly 80 type of temps for the couple of wet weeks. Recently been back into the 50's for dew point, which is more normal for this area, outside of when we do get rains. We are supposed to be getting more rain in the next day or 2, supposed to drop it to under 100 for 2 days. The humidity is terrible when it does rain since it evaporates so quickly and we DON'T have strong winds normally so it just sets, but after years of dealing with 110+, I'll take 90's + humidity for a few days just so it's not as painful to simply WALK OUTSIDE where there's not shade.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Here nothing evaporates quickly and it sits in the air for days making it really oppressive, on topf the 90+ degree temps.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Yeah, when NORMALLY you're talking about 10-20% humidity, things evaporate near-instantaneous. But for the day/2days after a good rain, we'll jump up to 50%-70% (depending on how much rain) humidity before it's all burnt off by the opressive levels of heat.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Crazy hard rain at 2-4inches and hour. Flooding in 2 buildings and seepage in 5 others. Had a large tree come down behind my condo. One building had flooding and the fire deapartment and building inspector got involved, something thats never happened before.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Weather is beautiful right now. 40s-60s, bright blue skies with a decent breeze.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Here as well, low to mid 80's this week.then low 80's into the 70's next week.