SABATON

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

SABATON

Post by CaptNoize »

I'm always checking out new bands on YouTube. I'm very much into hard rock/heavy metal(80's) and power/symphonic metal. For a few years I've been following a Swedish band called "Sabaton". Their "schtick" is history,mostly wars,battles and conflicts thru out human history. If you enjoy symphonic power metal,in the vein of TSO, I suggest you check them out. Especially, their new video "Bismarck". It's about the great warship that sunk the Hood,then was in turn sunk by the royal British Navy.
The video was done in association with wargaming.com . The special Efx are AMAZING...! Also,the song "The Last Stand" is really good. These guys have even gone as far as having a Sabaton History Channel on YouTube, explaining the battles and conflicts they write about....this band is worth checking out. They are a "Rush" caliber type of band. :D ;)
CaptNoize

Re: SABATON

Post by CaptNoize »

So...has anyone checked this band and their videos out yet...? I've been watching a lot of them and most are produced to look like mini movies..! Perhaps the music isn't most peoples "cup o tea" (I really don't like the vocals much,but they grow on you) but the song stories and instruments are amazing...IMO. If nothing else the song "Lifetime of War" is worth looking at. The lyrics are excellent.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I'd looked at a couple of their videos. Musically, they really make me think of BoltThrower, but with lead vocals that are awful. Their videos are interesting, but in the end, the whole "dude who's singing can't sing" prevents me from really getting into them.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Yes, I agree, this vocalist CANT even begin to compare with Dio, Tate, or Halford. It just goes to show how much production makes things happen for a band.BTW...Bolt Thrower is considered Death Metal, and their vocals are terrible,too.... :shock: But, Sabaton is still waaay more melodic than those type of bands. Listen to "The Last Stand"....lyrically, brilliant.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

So, Iron Maiden hits town in 2 weeks... I've seen them 5 times,and worked with Dickinson on his solo effort "Tattooed Millionaire" as system engineer. I've read the show is amazing,but I saw the set list...it's all old hack..... Sabaton is touring with Hammer fall,but the closest they're coming to me is Cleveland,... and that's 2 1/2 hrs away.....not doing that. Vixen is coming to a local bar,I might go see that,in October. I'm pretty "jaded" with seeing concerts. Unless I'm making money at the show working....I'm not interested.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Agreed. There's pretty much noone still playing that I'd pay money to see nowadays. Now...if you threw in (private) backstage passes, then there's a few I'd love to go to.. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I ALMOST had a cardiac incident when I looked up the prices they want to see Iron Maiden....cheap seats are around $250.00 the better seats are starting at $465.00...!!! Somebody is getting RICH doing these shows...! There's No Way I'll be seeing ANY of these type of shows in the future....are they out of their minds, or,...have I been "out of the loop" that long...??? :x :x :x :shock: :roll: :roll: :x
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Probably been out of the loop that long. The prices for these events really started getting ridiculous about 10 years ago now. I remember I never paid more than about $90 for a concert ticket when I went. Once they started getting $150 for the cheap seats and up, I stopped going.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

These event promoters are smoking crack....they'll never see me at any of these events,but not that it really makes a difference. From what I can see,there,s plenty of millenials and younger kids,that somehow get that kinda of money for the shows. Nothing like "gouging" the public. :x :x :x :shock: :evil:
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Agreed, that's way more than I'm willing to pay to go see any modern music.