Blade Runner 2049

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
tlmiller

Re: Blade Runner 2049

Post by tlmiller »

To be honest, the only soundtrack that I ever really loved was 10 Thing I Hate About You. And that I only realized I loved the soundtrack when I listened to it outside the movie. Other than one of my favorite bands being in the movie, I didn't even hear most of the music the first 3 or 4 times I saw the movie. And to answer why, that soundtrack is essentially the soundtrack of my days when a bunch of my friends and i layed around doing nothing but getting stoned, so sentimental songs.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

So you dont listen to the soundtrack/music in movies at all? I take as all part of the same experience and after being a professional musician I couldnt imagine watching movies,particularly such a spectacular experience like Bladerunner without noticing that amazing music from Vangelis.

What can I say? People experience things differently.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Very. Yeah, I like musicals (oddly), but if the music goes on with no dialogue for more than about 30 seconds in a movie, it loses a star of recommendation to me. If entire songs play with no dialogue, I probably rate it as "awful".
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

All I can say is youre unique but to each his own. My wife hates scifi but when I brought up Bladerunner the first thing she said was about the amazing music vs futuristic world.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

My wife didn't like BladeRunner. She doesn't like scifi either though. She likes music in the movie less than I even. She also despises musicals. She still talks about how I made her watch Little Shop of Horrors and how horrible that movie was.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I met my wife in high school but we both attended Peabody Conservatory Johns Hopkins in Baltimore and she was a Soprano studying Opera for a time.
She and I both love musicals and great voices but we always notice the music in movies and how its used to amplify a climax, sad scene or a reversal of fortunes. Just wouldnt be the same without it.
Site Moderator
JimW

Post by JimW »

I haven't seen the movie, but I have to agree with tlmiller. For me, music should be in the background! Not blasting the windows out of cars in the parking lot! The first episode of Miami Vice had the music so loud that you couldn't hear the dialog - I never watched it again.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Not all movies and shows are like that Jim. Im talking about movies or shows with excellent soundtracks that add to the movie and Bladerunner was one of those. Most movies and shows do a great job with their soundtracks and music. Star Wars a great example.

If i understand tlmiller he doesnt care about the music at all, not that its overpowering the movie.

Little Shop of Horrors is great but its not for everyone.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Yeah, the music I enjoy listening to is the type that you listen to at near ear-bleeding levels while slamming into hundreds of other people in a mosh pit. That music doesn't work in movies, so FOR ME, music has no place in them.
Last edited by tlmiller on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

LOL!!!!
Site Moderator