Things I have for sale...

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums

Moderator: crosscourt

tlmiller

Things I have for sale...

Post by tlmiller » Thu May 30, 2019 6:57 pm

Just in case anyone is interested in anything I sell (since I'm ALWAYS selling SOMETHING), I'll link to my craigslist listings. If something interests you, hit me up. Any laptops listed will ALWAYS be available with linux instead of Windows, just need to give me a day or 2 to get your distro of choice downloaded and installed. Arch/LFS/Gentoo are the only popular distro's that are off limits. They just take too long to install. But things like ArchMan, ArcoLinux, Manjaro are fine. Just not doing an Arch install the Arch way.

With that, here's what I have at this very moment in time:

Acer Aspire "Cloudbook" 14" 1080P
Great low end machine, super lightweight and portable. Very much low end, but also insanely cheap. Great if you travel and don't want to take a nice laptop with you when traveling. Or if you need a laptop to do things for work (think consoling into routers/switches) but don't won't to risk having an expensive laptop knocked onto the floor, or getting it filthy.

Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 13.3" 2K
Another very lightweight and portable. Nowhere near as low end. These things are some of the thinnest and lightest laptops I've STILL ever seen. They're fairly large footprint for a 13.3", but insanely thin and light. CoreM, so no need for fans, so it's always silent. 8 GB ram and a 256 GB SSD, so it's actually pretty quick. 2K LCD...if you like to mostly use the TTY, probably NOT a good choice, text is literally 1/16" tall in TTY. Very difficult to work on. I like my high res, but even I have to use zoom on this laptop. At 150% zoom (1.5 zoom in plasma settings), I think it's GORGEOUS. I really wish I could find a decent new version of this that was USB-C, as I love the laptop, but I totally am tired of having to plug in a charger when using my dock.
Last edited by tlmiller on Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

tlmiller

Re: Things I have for sale...

Post by tlmiller » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:28 am

Dell Latitude E5450
Found a SUPER deal on this so picked it up and upgraded the ram with some I had lying around (yes, I keep ram lying around. In fact, I have a 16GB sodimm DDR4 just lying on my desk right now) and swapped the hard drive for my last 2.5" SSD I had lying around. So played around with Mint and Zorin on it, but no real desire to use it since it's quite literally 99.9995% the same as my E7450...