The weather has been crazy

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
tlmiller

Re: The weather has been crazy

Post by tlmiller »

My dad was actually calling everyone today to do to them like i do to them. Oh, it's snowing and below freezing? Oh, it's 65 sunny and clear here...
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

It was a treacherous drive home tonight. Roads were snow covered,with black ice everywhere. I took my time with the white knuckle ride to my humble abroad. When I got 3 miles from home....power lines were down along with frozen tree limbs on the road. Totally sucked......
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Wow, yeah...that doesn't sound fun. It's been YEARS now since I had to deal with snow, so honestly barely even remember those issues.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Power is out to 28,000 customers here from the ice on power lines and downed tree branches. I had a large White Pine lose several limbs,and do damage to my outside shed. I had to call my insurance company to find out what they're going to cover...the power won't be back on here in some places until Monday morning at 11a.m....!! What a P.I.T.A....!!!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Sorry youre going thru that.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Well, Luckily for me,my power is still on..many are going to be without power till Monday at 9 pm...! Yikes...!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

We had a hurricane here back in the 90's and power was off for a week,trees were down all over the place and a local one lane bridge was knocked off its foundation into the river.. Thats the longest Ive ever been without power.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

This is causing a lot of people here to rethink their home power/utilities options. People think I'm nuts( well, yes I am) since I'm always joking about a zombie Apocalypse happening...but the scary thing is,everything that would happen leading up to,and during a zombie outbreak is similar to severe weather,or a national emergency. Does anyone really realize what a EMP pulse will do..???...I kept telling my friends for years to prep for severe weather,or..joking it would not be fun if the undead are everywhere, so what do you have to lose...? Now...they're sitting in the dark and cold....bitching there's no heat,no phone,no TV..boo hoo!...take heed...you've been warned...!
Last edited by CaptNoize on Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

People just dont look ahead and as happened with me with a fire, it only has to happen once. Most people think it will never happen to them.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I'm terrified of fire...I have a cat, and many collectables. So,to ease my mind, I deliberately put in a security system,just so I would have an early warning system for fire. A general FWI to everyone who reads this forum. If you have a security system provided by any of the nationally known companies (ADT,Guardian,etc) These need battery service also..!!! This is CRITICAL...!!They have a battery in the main panel,mine does,in my basement,along with the window sensors, wireless smoke detectors in different rooms/levels. These need to be changed(I was told by the service tech) every 5 years. These are lithium batteries. DON'T ASSUME THEY DO NOT NEED CHANGED...! ask your security system customer service...BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY..! :shock: