Indycar racing so far very good!

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Indycar racing so far very good!

Post by crosscourt »

Enjoyed the road course races so far like Long Beach and the ability to overtake makes the race very exciting. My favorite Alexander Rossi is currently in first place in the standings. Alabama is on tomorrow with Newgarden on the poll. If F1 is a bit boring give Indycar racing a look.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Re: Indycar racing so far very good!

Post by tlmiller »

I've been following Indy far more this year than normal. I do like to try to watch the road courses normally, but I actually went the Phoenix race this year. I do like Rossi, Sato's my favorite (being ex-f1), but Rossi's probably my favorite of the drivers who normally have a chance to win. I do like this universal aero kit, it's been great for competition.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Sato is also one of my favorites and Rossi is also a former F1 driver but made the move to Indy very early on, so many people dont realize that he was an F1 driver. Alonso is very high on Rossi and has talked about him at length. F1 appears to be afraid of using a universal aero kit but if they dont do something soon its going to see major problems. Im not a big fan of the oval races except for Indy and wish Indy would push more road courses into their schedule. So many good road courses here in the States/Mexico/Canada that could create a series that could challenge F1's dominance.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Race is on at 3pm est on NBCSN for anyone interested.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Race was rescheduled due to rain. After 23 laps Newgarden is in the lead with Rossi in 4th.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Won't get to watch the race with it being postponed until today. Didn't think to set up my DVR to record it either.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I caught some of the race today and Newgarden was leading but rain was coming again and honestly dont know if they made it or not.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I managed to see the highlights. Looked like a good race with the changing conditions. I always enjoy races that really force the drivers to up their game.

I watched the Pirrelli World Challenge GT race of long beach last night (I think it actually ran Sunday), and THAT was a fantastic race. Lots of action, several great passes, and of course such gorgeous cars (Ferrari 458 running 1-2, GT4A class a Ferrari chasing a beautiful Lamborghini, and in the GT4 class a Porsche chasing a McLaren until being passed by a Sin who was then chasing the McLaren.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Wish I had seen that race as I love that type of racing. Wish there was a dedicated racing channel like there use to be. Looking forward to Le Mans
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

There's always races I'm looking forward to, but yeah, I do look forward to lemans. Except LMP1, that just needs to go away. With only Porsche being the only major team, it either needs to go completely away, or have Porsche leave so it's JUST privateers and we can see some actual racing instead of just Porsches racing each other.