Thats it for Epic games

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Thats it for Epic games

Post by crosscourt »

Their game store is a joke and they lost my game saves twice. I ended up biting the bullet and got Mechwarrior 5 plus the addons on sale from Steam and made the switch. Steam has been excellent so far with my other games. Sorry I had to spend more cash but with the sale it was a lot less painful.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Thats it for Epic games

Post by crosscourt »

Got a reply back from Epic about the issues and honestly they are hopeless. They arent going to fix anything and arent going to cooperate at all. I asked for my money back with Mech 5 due to all the issues and you can guess what their reaction was......
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

I have ordered tangible items, that arrived in poor condition, or simply junk items and as a general rule the outfits selling those items have been pretty decent about correcting the problems. But the same can not be said about outfits selling digital items. I have rented movies from Google and Amazon and Microsoft that I went to watch only to find them marked as "expired" or already watched. And none of those outfits had any interest in doing anything about the problem. Microsoft customer service said it was somehow my fault. Google never bothered to respond at all and Amzon said it was the "studio's" problem they simply act as an agent for the rentals and I need to contact the studio.

From what I have read the app stores are excellent at taking your money, but refuse to do anything if the app you have purchased is just garbage and at all what was described. They claim to curate apps, but it seems all they do is check to make sure that installing the app does not cause the machine to catch fire, beyond that they really do not seem to care if it does what it says, or indeed even care if it works.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The game itself is published by Piranha but Epic has lost the game saves and at times updating can be a big problem. I havent had any issues with Steam so far and everything they do is setup very well and they seem to be responsive.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Things didnt work out as evidently they couldnt find my game saves. They offered me some goodies but I just told them Ive moved on to Steam and wont be bback. Given the security issues theyve been having on and off, Id avoid Epic if anyone is looking to do business with them.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Steam has been amazing so far with no issues. Games are being saved and they warn you if the cloud isnt active so you dont lose your saves. Glad I only had one game with Epic as I didnt have to rebuy much switching to Steam.
Site Moderator