Issues with Thunderbird

Discussion of software apps
crosscourt

Issues with Thunderbird

Post by crosscourt »

Its a bit strange as while I was installing various distros yesterday, I ran into configuration issues with various recent Thunderbird versions.

Lubuntu 18.04
Mint Cinnamon 19.1
Linux Lite 4.2-4.4

No matter what you do it asks whether the username or password is wrong even though its right and, even in manual everything looks good.

KDE Neon 20190418
Mint Mate 19.1
MX18

I had no problems with these and all of my other installed distros so far seem fine. Initially I thought it was a recent Ubuntu issue but Lubuntu isnt an up to date version of 18.04, both versions of Linux Lite were affected, Mint Cinnamon doesnt work but the Mate version does.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Issues with Thunderbird

Post by crosscourt »

Just tried Kubuntu 18.04 and no issues so this is a bit weird given all the settings in Kubuntu are the same ones in Linux Lite 4.4 yet it doesnt work with LL.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Appears the issue isnt with Thunderbird as other email clients are affected as well.

Just tested Mint Mate 19.1 live and it also has the issue evne though I was able to install it yesterday with no issues. Obviously something changes with updates after install, but in the case of Linux Lite 4.4 updates didnt make any difference. Both Neon and Mint Mate installed yesterdau with no issues.
The Neon image was quite new so its live session had no problems with Thunderbird. Overall doesnt seem to be an issue for RPM and Debian based distros.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ok it appears to be an issue with Ubuntu based distros as Xubuntu 19.04 worked fine. Depending on the newness of the iso and whether updates are available many Ubuntu based distros may not have the problem after install. Elementary iso I had had issues but Neon and Mint Mate didnt after install and updating.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

None of the newer 19.04 distros have any issues with email clients.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Still running into this with other Ubuntu based distros but none of the present Debian based distros Im using like Netrunner have the issue.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Still no fix.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Issues disappeared recently.
Site Moderator