DVD authoring program?

Discussion of software apps
JimW

Re: DVD authoring program?

Post by JimW »

I search youtube for old television programs and old movies, that *should* no longer under copyright and download them. YouTube-dl is a great program for doing that. I've got some that I downloaded years ago that are no longer on youtube. Don't know if they suddenly discovered they were under copyright or what, but I just use them to watch, not sell or make money on.
Another good site is archive.org - they have books, television, radio, and movies.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I do the same thing, as well as older games no longer bound by copyrights. Many times companies suddenly seem to assert their rights or others buy the rights and its no longer available.
Site Moderator
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

@JimW
Yes I would say it is probably better to stick with a tried and tested method that works rather than to spend what could be a lot of time setting up a new system and then getting used to it. I record some old films from the television and have a lot of them stored for later viewing, and like yourself I only use them for personal viewing so I can't see a problem with copyrights. :)
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its more a matter of availablility as certain content suddenly disappears or becomes something you have to pay for, which with games really irks me.
Site Moderator