Firefox-ESR 60 in stretch

Discussion of software apps
crosscourt

Re: Firefox-ESR 60 in stretch

Post by crosscourt »

Thats ok as im done with Netrunner as it has too many issues and my patience wont last. No Firefox updates, recent updates caused the boot time to really lag and there are other minor issues Im tired of dealing with. Neptune is a much better KDE distro if you want something Debian based. I might look at it again down the road but its almost as frustrating as Mageia with its lack of updates and minor issues.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I can't say I'm OVERLY surprised. Debian testing is generally really good for long stretches at a time. And horrendously broken for short stretches...
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I typically dont try distros based on Debian testing.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

crosscourt wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:39 pm I typically dont try distros based on Debian testing.
Don't blame you. In the 9 months before the next stable, they're FANTASTIC (feature freeze). Other than that, there's SOMETHING major that's broken somewhere pretty much every month. If you're patient and read the Debian warnings they can be avoided, but it's a hassle and I'd rather just use backports & stable.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ran Mint 19 Cinnamon and Kubuntu 18.04 with FF62 and enjoyed using it after all the issues with the other distro.
Site Moderator