Firefox 62 released

Discussion of software apps
crosscourt

Firefox 62 released

Post by crosscourt »

Its already available in the Ubuntu repositories and for Windows. Running it with Zorin 12.4 with no issues.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Re: Firefox 62 released

Post by tlmiller »

If you run Debian, don't upgrade to the package yet, they broke something in it and it can't read the places.sqlite file, which means you can't update bookmarks and it won't remember any history.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Neptune didnt offer Ff62 today to update. Only the Ubuntu based distros seem to have it available so far.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I keep firefox pinned on sid, so I get it pretty much the day or 2 after it's released as well on Debian. I've even moved my desktop back over to current from ESR-60.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I knew you did that tlmiller, I was commenting for those who read this thread. I havent checked OpenMandriva,PCLOS or MXLinux yet.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Seems a bit quicker and I havent had as many issues backtracking to other pages, which used to have stalls or delays.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

On Arch that upgraded without issues I don't honestly see much of a difference from 61 to 62. No noticeable difference in speed that I can see. Same on Windows at work (I was forced to upgrade my work desktop and now have an SSD. Tried to upgrade from Office 2010 to Office 2016 and it completely corrupted the user registery hive and I ended up just upgrading to a newer desktop that had an SSD in it rather than rebuild my existing).
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

It may be the fact Im using older hardware, who knows but the difference for me is apparent.
Site Moderator