Waterfox

Discussion of software apps
tlmiller

Waterfox

Post by tlmiller »

Yet another "security-focused" browser that's just barely different from being the default it's based on. This time based on Firefox, although supports all the "normal" firefox add-ons that I've tested thus far. So it's got that going for it, which is nice. Doesn't have as many customization abilities. Can't really tell how it's so security focused. Still, it will perfectly import your firefox profile including add-ons and bookmarks so if you're using Firefox but have issues with it, it's worth checking out. Currently can only be installed via direct download and unpack, it's not in any repositories that I've looked in. Still, of the "we changed something and called it a new browser" browsers, this is so far my favorite. I actually have pinned it to my favorites on my Yoga 3 Pro and removed Chromium from said favorites for now to give it a fair shake.

Might be worth it for some to try out.
tlmiller

Re: Waterfox

Post by tlmiller »

I'm here with Waterfox now. So far seems to be a quite decent clone of Firefox. And I do mean clone. Nearly 100% of the features of Firefox Quantum are in Waterfox.
tlmiller

Re: Waterfox

Post by tlmiller »

So found a difference, you can still install "classic" firefox plugins in waterfox.