Discussion of software apps
crosscourt

10 reasons to replace Windows with Linux

Post by crosscourt »

Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Re: 10 reasons to replace Windows with Linux

Post by CaptNoize »

All I can say to the points made in the article is "Amen". He hit the nail on the head...! As far as needing anything from Windblows, (i.e.Garmin updates) I'll use my cousins' laptop with Windblows 10 on it....Ugh...! I'm NOT a gamer,so that doesn't matter. I would NEVER return to using Microslop...EVER...! :evil: :twisted: :x
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I always have the option of putting Windows back on most everything I own (I made sure everything was upgraded to Win10 so that it had a valid license for when I sold it), but there's VERY little that I really need Windows for. Syncing with my Android phone actually works BETTER in linux than Windows. Using my multi-function printer/scanner over the network actually is EASIER in linux than Windows. I've even considered making my new Ryzen laptop a multi-lib laptop in order to run the beta of Steam to try if some of the Windows games runs moderately well on it (since it's the most powerful graphical laptop I own). With the exception of those games, I really don't use Windows for anything outside of work. And if I took the time to set up tools to be able to manage a Windows AD environment from linux (can be done) and Microsoft SCCM (not sure about that), then I wouldn't need it at work either.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I recently quit working for a nationally known auto parts chain( what a mess that was)doing parts delivery, and they were using Windblows 10; I had to log on in the morning, log all my deliveries, watch "training" videos(please)and log out. Every time I was logging something,there were problems. I would tell my store manager about the problem,he would try to fix it,and it would lock him out. I got so pissed off at the situation with this,and other problems, I quit. Most of these problems would have been non existant if they were using Linux. I tried to tell them, but the "know it alls" there...knew nothing. They all need to take a good lesson from Linux.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Gaming only for me, otherwise Linux is used for all other things. Win10 for me given the many stupid actions from Microsoft recently is a no go.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Many are replacing Windows with Chromebooks/boxes which may eventually gain a large market share.
Site Moderator