Firefox 61 released

Discussion of software apps
crosscourt

Re: Firefox 61 released

Post by crosscourt »

Chrome,Chromium,Opera and Midori have no issues, just FF61 but FF59.8 has no problems with those websites.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I don't use Chromium very often since the realease of Quantum. the only time I use it is when I'm working, as I keep my lastpass on that remembering my work account, so rarely if ever use it for personal usage anymore. I don't use Chrome (or even have it installed) ever for any reason anymore since Firefox is usable again. I dropped Opera YEARS ago when it (IMO) went horribly downhill (I remember in the 90's it was the BEST browser by such a huge margin), and I never really liked Midori so obviously never have used that. I do like the sound of...I can't remember. Basically a security focused Chromium but it doesn't limit what plugins you can use. However, I tried it on several OS's, and it only worked on Arch. Debian & Ubuntu it failed to launch, and Fedora I couldn't even get it to install.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Opera has improved hugely, I use it in Windows. Midori is a very lightweight browser i use on older systems but runs great on better systems.

Chrome and chromium run fine and i use them as an alternative to Firefox if I run into issues.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I still install Opera once in a while, and I just don't enjoy it at all anymore. Everything that made it Opera is gone IMO.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I like Opera as it is today but as with you I prefer Firefox and dont vary unless I have to, such as a website that wont cooperate.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im just going to say DUH! as it appears the private browsing mode is what was causing the issue with some websites and login. Mind you not all sites had this issue but seems to be fine.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its interesting that OpenMandriva is one of the few distros using FF 61 thats still having the spellcheck issue.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

That is interesting. I don't know any other OS that's having the issue still.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

They are using FF 61.0.1 so shouldnt be an issue.
Site Moderator